Searching...
Accepted Solution

Trying to speak to Optus customer service!!

Sharry

Hi all, 

on on the optusnet website all the contact numbers are 133937! 

I want to make a complaint about this and I have to call 133937. this number only gives me 3 options and no matter what option I chose as I have called at least 20 times I continue to get more questions that are of no use or given a message telling me to refer to a link on the website.  This all started because I was trying to get through To technical support. 

I pity anyine without Internet access.  I have also tried several times to search for help on the website and it just keeps sending me in circles.  At least The main Telstra number lets you put actually speak and they repeat what you have said and if they are unsure they will put you through to a human being .

im very frustrated 

Re: Trying to speak to Optus customer service!!

DJ83x

Hi @Sharry

I'm sorry to hear this. You can try calling 131344 - Our technical teams are open 24x7. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Epoi

I agree! Have had no luck with any numbers or internet instructions or text messages - I hate how the phone line assumes we are doing it all wrong and redirects you back to the first instructions

Today I got a call from a tech whom i knew nothing about -so naturally having a job I wasn't home  only then at 745 pm to get a text from Optus the tech was on their way - clearly meant for 5 hours earlier. Of course now once again I'm meant to some how crack the code of Optus machines to get onto them. What is the secret of managing to talk to a human who works for Optus or is it just computers these days?!! 

Lame 

i even tried that number they are telling you to call

same thing more answering devices 

PhilC

Hi @Epoi certainly not something we like to hear Smiley Sad If you'd like us to take a look into your account/connection please feel free to PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil along with any fault reference or PR numbers you may have been provided - Phil

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Sharry

Hi Phil, 

Do you know of a customer service number besides 133937. I just want to talk to a human so they can direct me to the right department 

it's impossible on this number, give it a try!! 

Aman_B

Apologies for the inconvenience caused @Sharry. Our customer service number is 133937 or if you need help with tech team then its 131344.  Please feel free to reply back and we can help here. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Sharry

But the 133937 number has limited options. I cannot get through to customer service.  Please try the number yourself!! 

Pete

The automated system is designed to connect you through to the right area :/ If you're still needing a hand, PM me your question so I can help. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Mikmin1

So true,

All I wanted to do was try to sort out activating my Sim card which I've done online (even got an order number and mobile number) and waited a long time for it to be activated but hadn't come through. I've restarted my device couple times and still nothing.

I call every number of Optus customer service on the internet even the ones given on this forum and it's always a computer either telling me to go online to sort it out myself or my phone hasn't been activated! 

Why is it such a difficult process to simply activate a Sim? I had a quicker time making a yescrowd account and writing this post than finding a real person to call from Optus to help me out.

Highlighted

Toomey

Hey @Mikmin1, sorry to hear you have been unable to connect with someone. If you jump into Live Chat and select Mobile > Track Your Order, this will connect you with our 24/7 Pre-Activation Team who can look into this for you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
5 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo