cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor AlexandraT
New Contributor

Sim Card not activated/no signal for over 2 days

Hi,
I signed onto a new contract for an Iphone 6s plan on 22/02/17 and was given a new sim that would keep my old number. I was told this sim would activate within 4 hours.
It has been over 2 full days since I recieved my new phone and sim, I called the store after 1 ful day and was told that there was an issue in the system and should be resolved by the end of the day. I then contacted the optus online chat, they then sent a request to the team about my activation and said that it would take the next 24 hours to activate.
It has been over 2 days with no signal now and over 24 hours since the online employee said that my sim would activate.
I am going on 3 days without signal, my phone is my business phone and I am in desperate need of it to be working and I am out of options on who to contact to fix this issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Sim Card not activated/no signal for over 2 days

Hi Alexandra,

If viable, I think you best point of call is to pop into a Optus store and hopefully get some direct interaction.. It is possible the SIM is DOA and no amount of tinkering will get it up and running. I will still flag this thread so hopefully a Optus Team Member can take a look to see what the issue is.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Re: Sim Card not activated since

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, @AlexandraT! There's currently a known issue impacting activations which we are working to resolve ASAP. If your SIM is still not working, can you please send me a private message with your full name, mobile number + DOB and I'll check into this for you further?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors