cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor NetworkDoctor
Contributor

SAGEMCOM 3864 Modem

On two occasions now over the last 2 months, I have attempted to get a callback from the staff inside OPTUS responsible for the SAGEMCOM product. On each occasion, I have been promised a callback from a Tech to discuss the issues this device has as a business grade device. Optus lock down the firmware to the extent that it is difficult to get the device to function as required.

Typically most businesses already have business grade routers in place and typically Bridge mode is used to connect the WAN with the existing Router. The 3864 cannot be set in Bridge Mode. The only way of setting it up at all is using a DMZ.

I am aware that there has subsequently been released a newer router.

Will somebody PLEASE contact us to discuss our options!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: SAGEMCOM 3864 Modem

Hey NetworkDoctor - can see that Phil has replied to your other post.  

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi,

I still need to speak with an Optus/Saegemcom tech re business grade router. I manage 150+ SME and based on what I am seeing so far, there is no way we can seriously use Optus for Business clients.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @NetworkDoctor, we can take a look at hardware options if you could please send through a PM with your full name, account number and date of birth.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have no idea how to PM

0 Kudos
Moderator Alistar

You'll just need to click our moderator name and then hit the top right message button Smiley Happy Al

0 Kudos