cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Removing unused Optus cable connecting to my house

I have an old Optus cable connected from the street overhead cables to my house through a tree I want to have removed.
I don't have any Optus services currently, and have tried ringing the contact numbers but have had no success.
Would it be possible to arrange for someone to remove the cable to the house please?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Removing unused Optus cable connecting to my house

Technically the cables all belong to the NBNCo now. The optus HFC is being completey dsimanteled so I assume the cable will be gone some time in a few years anyway. I suggest you contact the NBNCo and see if they have any process in place yet for sooner (unlikely IMO).

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Call 131344 and ask for a special request order to remove the equipment.  It can be tricky for them to get their head around but persist! They shouldn't charge and can normally have someone out pretty quick.  If you don't get far then one of the mods here can help

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey GbB - our tech team can definitely arrange this and there is no cost involved 🙂 If you do still need a hand to organise this just let me know.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for this suggestion. I called the number and eventually given the number of the hazardous equipment area, as the tree has a split in it and was dangerous. Now the cable has been removed, and the tree attended too. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@HorribleWeb54 thank you for reaching out. See our Overhead Cable Removal Support Page here. We'll be happy to request this for you. For privacy reasons, we are unable to accept account details via this forum and have removed any personal details from your post. 

We kindly ask that you get in touch with our 24/7 Messaging Team via the My Optus App. Alternatively, you can Private Message us via our Official Optus Page on Facebook or Twitter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Please help me. I can’t remove my username and i need yr help to do so. I tried to reset. I also tried to delete and couldn’t
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @SIMPSONFIONA,  are you trying to change your Optusnet Username for email? 

Please refer to our Email Help & Support page for further assistance. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media (Facebook or Twitter) account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

hello i would like to remove an optus cable that is connected to *****  thankyou 

please contact tony *****

0 Kudos