cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

R208 3G Pocket Wifi Extreme on Optus Prepaid tech help ?

Hi Folks 

Recently i dusted off the old Pocket wifi Mobile hotspot i got from Vodaphail a few years back. i bought the unlock code under my IMEI number and am having a connection issue i cannot identify. 

Steps so far ... 

Ive activated a prepaid sim and its ready to go ( YES OPTUS appears ) and there should be 4 gigs o data waiting for me on it. 

I can access the device through both USB and WIFI log in. 

Status says DISCONECTED with a big red X after it. 

I received SMS on the device confirming the sim activation and now unable to find them. 

After some time plugging around with forums and Knowledge PDF's, i decide to attempt an update firmware from 6.0 to 8.2. The program asked me for the unlock code i paid for and then tells me the program encountered an error and spits the code 0x000000d at me ( not accepting the unlock code ) I think this was due to my windows version though from what i have read is unrelated.

Under the trouble shooting tips i have used the "Hard Reset" option and tried to identify why it still remains disconected with no resolve. 

Has anybody had success with this mix and if so, how did you do it ? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: R208 3G Pocket Wifi Extreme on Optus Prepaid tech help ?

Do the APN settings reflect the Optus settings? See the links below for a bit more information and a run down on the differnt devices I have tried.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Optus-mobile-broadband-SIM-won-t-work-on-unlocked-Telstra-de...

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/our-mobile-broadband-or-home-wireless-broadband-apns-tec...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I can log into acounts and devices, that no problem. With the APN tho , im not getting all the data for it. i put "internet" or "yesinternet" in and it requires a number to continue. tried repeating the name , ip address and swore at it a few times. but under APN, it needs a number. dont say what kind of number so it has me a little baffled. everything else seem fine blank tho. 

might just have to wait. been 5 hours since i activated the sim. Would it usually take this long though ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok,i will post the fix. 

In a R208 Pocket Wifi Extreme, The APN is "Connectme", The Number is the mobile number with +61 instead of the first 0 on it.

So in effect, your APN advice was correct, 3G is considered a broadband connection along with 4G. I aimed for the Prepaid selections as per some advice found in some obscure crack alley of the internet... lol 😉 

Thank you , hope this saves some poor souls struggling for a fix because i saw a few on my search ! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors