cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

murrayc134
New Contributor
New Contributor

Purchase Top up vouchers

Hi

I have an Optus email address and keep trying to purchase top up vouchers online. I keep getting this message

"Due to a system issue, we are unable to proceed at this time. Please try again later"

Why is this?

I have read that after 90 days if I do not top up my email address will be closed.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Purchase Top up vouchers

@murrayc134 We would need to check your service on our end for any issues. The 90 day expiry only starts after a service has been cancelled. Jump into Live Chat with Mobile Billing so we can verify your details and take a look.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
firstmarksierra
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same problem in trying to purchase recharge vouchers for my dial-up internet service.

Every store that I've been to reports 'service unavailable' on their display screens when they go to the 'OPTUSnet' icon, and, if I try to buy the voucher online from the Optus website, I also get the "Due to a system issue, we are unable to proceed at this time. Please try again later" message that murrayc134 posted about at the top of this discussion.

Incidentally, when I went to an Optus store, the dial-up service isn't even listed in their computers, yet the salesperson suggested there's probably quite a few 'legacy' customers who will be affected!

0 Kudos
Tris

Best to chat with our Customer Service crew as Toomey mentioned earlier on in this thread in that case @firstmarksierra. We'd need to check your plan and service profile 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
firstmarksierra
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Tris.

Customer Service recommended that I go to the Post Office to buy a voucher, but the Post Office computer systems also showed that the service is not available.  In other words, it seems to be almost impossible to buy a pre-paid recharge voucher for Dial-up internet.

I just tried the Optus website a few moments ago, and the page is still showing that the service in unavailable.

0 Kudos
murrayc1344
New Contributor
New Contributor

yeah no luck buying those top up vouchers from the post office. i called optus today and they said they are only avaiable at a few post offices, one guy went to 9 post offices and couldn't buy any top up vouchers. I live in ballarat near melbourne and asked at 2 post offices no luck. I think optus are going to phase them out

what I have done is got post paid mobile broadband $10 a month and they have added my dial up email address to this mobile post paid broadband. Hopefully this works. and keeps my email active. i called up optus and they send you a SIM and its $10 a month and you add your dial up email address to that. Let me know what you have done.

murray

0 Kudos
Tom_nickname
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I got told to go to the Post Office too. And that's well after the date in the "Member Services" page where it says that won't work after 30 April. So their internal FAQs for this are many years out of date.

Where did you get the "postpay $10/month" SIM. That option doesn't seem to exist. Was that something special they sent you? Was that with a $10/month discount on an existing Post-pay Optus account or something?

So I bought an Optus SIM, but after opening it found is was a Mobile Broadband one, and I couldn't find anything cheaper on Optus' site than $30/month. That's too much to keep an email account alive.

I rang up Optus Support and asked if I could get my old Optusnet email account linked to a MOBILE PHONE account rather than a MOBILE BROADBAND one, and I'm pretty sure I was told "Yes".

I bought a $30 prepaid Mobile Phone SIM and got it registered on the "$30 for 6 month" option. Then created the "My Account" login (its ReCaptcha won't work under Firefox, so I had to use IE). Then started a Chat Session to get it transferred. That won't work with FireFox either... Finally after 45 minutes of back and forth, the conclusion is that I can only link my email to a BROADBAND account. And that the cheapest one of those (on a plan) is $20/month.

Or I could use prepay. The options there $10 gets you 3 DAYS, $30 gets you 30, $60 gets 90, $80 gets 186 and $130 gets 365 days. Which is $10.83/month. I may have to use that.

Any other options?

Tom

0 Kudos
murrayc1344
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm on the $10 a month mobile broadband.

I know its $10 a month for sure as that's what I have been paying

0 Kudos
Tom_nickname
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for confirming that.

I went to Optus Store yesterday and was able to get the same $10/month Mobile Broadband Postpay 1.5G/month plan that you have.

They're not generally offering this any more, and as an example of why, the guy in the store said he uses 1.5G PER DAY on his mobile.

Now my only problem is that I can't get the SIM to get a data connection to Optus in either of my phones. Maybe it takes a few days to activate or something (but it shouldn't).

Tom

firstmarksierra
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom,

Optus have just put me on to a new plan where I pay $5 a month to keep my Optus email address(es) active.  It works on the premise that I don't have any internet accounts with Optus .. ie I'm using another ISP for my internet access.

So far, I've recieved a 'Contract' for the account, and a notification about my account being unpaid.  Unfortunately, the 'Contract' didn't specify how to pay the account.  The only option I saw when I poked around the account was to set up a Direct Debit option.  As far as I'm concerned, that's not going to happen.  At least, not just yet.