cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor rowan194
New Contributor

Optus website: cannot click online 24/7 chat links

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat?sid=from:helpandsupportlanding:chattouslanding:fy2... I select Business, Mobile ... but none of the chat links work. When you move the mouse over the pointer changes to a hand, suggesting it's a link, but clicking it does nothing. Nothing at all. None of the other options work either. I've tried this over two devices and two browsers (including a standard Windows 8.1 install with current Firefox) but none work. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus website: cannot click online 24/7 chat links

There was a few issues with the chat recently with some people reporting the same thing as you. If you have the Optus app on your phone it might be worth trying the chat feature on that as I am not sure when the chat is going to be working again.

Edit: or should I say working again for everyone. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
New Contributor rowan194
New Contributor

The links still don't work.

How do I get someone at Optus to fix this?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We'd need to confirm the device you're attempting to access Live chat from and the browser that's being used.

Are you attempting to use the Desktop version Optus.com.au/livechat?

Or are you are going directly through the My Optus app?

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor rowan194
New Contributor

? I already provided that info in the OP...

- sample URL

- Windows 8.1

- current Firefox

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ramses
New Contributor

I have the same issue.  I use both Windows XP and Windows 10.  My browser is Mozilla Firefox.  The LiveChat used to work in Mozilla, but hasn't worked for almost 1 year now.  I tried Internet Explorer (IE) and Optus LiveChat works perfectly for me.  I suspect a Mozilla setting or incompatibility is causing the issue (not sure what it is).  This is not the first time I've had issues with Mozilla not working correctly, whereas IE did work.  Some time ago I wrote a few simple JavaScripts (while learning JavaScript).  Some of them worked properly in IE but did not work in Mozilla.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ Ramses -  Sorry about this. Could you please try using  this link to chat. Alternatively,  you can chat from Optus.com.au as well. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ramses
New Contributor

Hi,

The link takes me to the same page (www.optus.com.au/LiveChat) that does not work in Mozilla Firefox.  Optus.com.au also does not work.  I have used LiveChat for other companies (such as Norton) and these work well in Mozilla.  Has anyone managed to get LiveChat to work in a recent or latest version of Mozilla?

Cheers,

Ramses

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Hey @Ramses - do you have pop-ups blocked on your browser? To access Live Chat, you'll need to ensure pop-ups are not blocked. I've just tried accessing Live Chat on Mozilla Firefox and it's working on my end. Let me know how you go 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors