Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor JMmoderated
Occasional Contributor

Optus Customer Service reminds me of the old Telecom days - Designed to make your blood boil

Worst customer service in the world. 

Examples of dealing with customer service who do not understand basic questions: 

> Q. I need to set up direct debit for ADSL. 

A. Is that for your mobile service? LOL!!! 

> Q. I am moving home and want to set up ADSL. 

A. Is there a problem with your landline? 

It is just beyond ridiculous. Its painful. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus Customer Service reminds me of the old Telecom days - Designed to make your blood boil

The could be hiring negligent clueless unemployed people in Australia, but for some reason they want to outsource it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus Customer Service reminds me of the old Telecom days - Designed to make your blood boil

@JMmoderated, I've replied back to thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Wi-Fi-Talk-Home-Zone/WIFI-Talk-app-does-not-recognise-my-number-as-....

You're welcome to chat with us there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor LastFriday
Occasional Contributor

Can you imagine the response of OPTUS if every subscriber with an active complaint visited an OPTUS shop or office on the last friday of every month in order to register their complaint or demand an update. I suspect that a resolution would be found pdq,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hi @LastFriday - I can see you've been posting the same comment on a number of different threads in the past our. Is there anything in particular you need a hand with?
Although I can sense you're quite frustrated, try to avoid multiple posting as it can be picked up as SPAM by our filters. It also slows down our response time to other customers due to back end admin we need to complete. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor LastFriday
Occasional Contributor

Shauna,

I am trying to get people to realise that acting as individuals will not alter the customer experience they receive from OPTUS or from any utility company. Each individual complaint is the equivalent of a mosquito bite on an elephant.

My aim is to galvanize YesCrowd into acting as a bloc and, where they feel that customer service is lacking, ensuring that your business appreciates their pain. By encouraging people to complain in store on the last friday of every month, I hope to attract the attention of the higher echelons of OPTUS and effect positive change in your practices. After all, your own webpage encourages customers to obtain resolution in store:

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/complaints-compliments?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1409...

Your current method of customer interaction is, I believe, designed to isolate, obfuscate, confuse and frustrate complainants until they give up; or accept the crumbs offered by OPTUS. The interminable wait to speak to a person, the transfers to departments totally unrelated to the issue, the inability to log complaints by email and receive confirmation that your complaint has been logged complete with reference number. The strange process whereby details given to one helpdesk operative are not passed on to the next operative dealing with the issue. The 'phone calls that are promised but which never eventuate. The incandescent fury that is required before a complaint number is issued. All of the above suggest that OPTUS view customer service as a business cost mandated by regulators and deployed grudgingly by the business rather than a true service to their customers. The business should be embarassed by the numbers of cases that are referred to the TIO.

I do not believe that OPTUS' decision to modify third party billing (TPB) practices is unconnected with the knowledge that the ACCC is investigating. There are 52 discussions on TPB going back to 2013 and each complaint has been treated as an  individual case. 5 years of complaints about the same problem should have rung alarm bells in OPTUS and modified the company's behaviour to community acceptable norms. There are 400 discussions on Premium SMS, again each complaint has been treated as an individual problem rather than as a micro symptom of a toxic business decision.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

@LastFriday The forum is designed for the Optus community to help each other, so there are no issues if this is what you're trying to do, but just make sure you stick within the community guidelines to be able to continue to help other users. They are available here and mention that posting repetitive messages is not allowed. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos