cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor spd1275
Occasional Contributor

NBN + Home Lie

I ordered NBN plus home line (medical necessity). Optus couldn’t get home line working and told ME to call Telstra. NO! Canceled O and returned to T. Big O hits e with cancel fee. Over 65, disabled and they failed to honor agreement to provide home phone. They agreed to credit cancel fee. Next 5 bills no credit plus carges for Home line. Every month a promise to issue credit. Still none. I pay amount due for mobile service, but still no credit.

Mothlyy chat tonite. Now can’t access info online. Chat person says my acct numbers wrong, she can’t access my sccount, and can’t help me. Call tomorrow.

Why does Aussie Govt allow this to happen? Scam against us all. Six months of deceit, lies, intent to commit fraud. Time for class actio.

Accout Number B4 change *************

S P Downey

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Fraud

I ordered NBN plus home line (medical necessity). Optus couldn’t get home line working and told ME to call Telstra. NO! Canceled O and returned to T. Big O hits e with cancel fee. Over 65, disabled and they failed to honor agreement to provide home phone. They agreed to credit cancel fee. Next 5 bills no credit plus carges for Home line. Every month a promise to issue credit. Still none. I pay amount due for mobile service, but still no credit.

Mothlyy chat tonite. Now can’t access info online. Chat person says my acct numbers wrong, she can’t access my sccount, and can’t help me. Call tomorrow.

Why does Aussie Govt allow this to happen? Scam against us all. Six months of deceit, lies, intent to commit fraud. Time for class actio.

Accout Number B4 change ********************

S P Downey

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Wesley-J

Re: NBN + Home Lie

Hey spd1275 - we are here to help and will do our best to assist with your billing issue. Due to privacy concerns, I've gone ahead and edited your post to remove the account number. Can you please send us a private message confirming your full name & DOB? If the account isn't under your name please verify the 4 digit pin number as well. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN + Home Lie

All NBN customers (via any Telco) can get a homeline option. Are you talking about Priority Assitance if the power goes out? Optus specifically doesn't provide this in their CIS statements:

Priority Assistance We do not offer Priority Assistance. Telstra is a provider who does. Information in this brochure is correct at 02/17. Check optus.com.au/shop/broadband/home-broadband/plans for the latest plan and pricing info.

The hassle getting an agreed refund is I agree damn annoying. Its nothing to do with the NBN or government though. Its just very bad service from Optus.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Felicity_YC
RetiredModerator

Re: Fraud

Hi @spd1275, we'd really like to look into this for you, it does sound really frustrating. Have you had a chance to send a private message to @Wesley-J? To send a private message, you click on someone's username to go to their profile, then click the yellow 'send private message' button. 

We'll need you to confirm your full name & DOB and if the account isn't under your name please verify the 4 digit pin number in the message.

Once we have that we can look up your account and work on getting it sorted out. You can PM me, Wesley or @Dan_C and we can work on a fix. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Felicity,

Thankyou for your response. Below is the information you need to properly Vet means to look into my account. Late yesterday I sent payment of $150 to cover my estimate of legit charges. Between people on the Optus online chant and those in person via phone, well, sensitive training or a boot out the door both may be too kind. Anything you can do is appreciated.

Issues: An updated bill showing credit for NBN cancellation fee;

total elimination of all land line charges;

Total credit for all pastbdue charges;

Total of bill after corrections are made;

The total Optus wants me to pay to have the three (three) mobile phones and the IPad and data account.

Obvious this 4-month battle has left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I am willing to have my “comments” which are public removed. My only other options are an averworked Ombubsman or a Slater & Gordon. I don’t wish to fight, and the S-G fight would bring in the medical-emotional toll this has cost me. That is all typical Solicitor garbage... if I won $1, I would end up with 15 cents. Let’s not go there.

Your help is awesome.

Please feel free to ring me.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Felicity_YC
RetiredModerator

Hi Stephen, I've edited your post as I didn't want your info to be public, but I now have it and can get this looked at.

Thanks for your patience while we work on it. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Felicity,

If the Optus folks resist doing the right thing, and before I am forced to become nasty, they could offer a new phone and IPad as a gesture of peace, and assurance I would never pursue the fiasco again, in public or in private. Good will, bestowd using not only discontinued 2016 models, can be perseived as generous by the public. Perception is an amazing but effective marketing and PR move.

Just a thought.

Stephen Downey

Account Numbers:    Perhaps these account numbers, two which do not seem to attach to anything is thy the CSR on Libe Chat 

became confused, flustered and irritated last night (Tuesday, 16 October 2018). Other than her obvious

Irritation and the abrupt end of the conversation with her. On one hand it seemed rude and arrogant. Yet on

on her behalf and defense, perhaps it was Optus who rightfully bears the blame for her ultimate conduct.

Account Number:   *moderated*

I have no idea what this account number is for

Account Number:  *moderated*

The (3) mobile number and IPad data account are listed under this account number

Reference Number:  *moderated*

I have no clue what these numbers are for

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks @spd1275, it might be best to send these details via PM here so we can ensure your private details remain private.

As @Felicity_YC advised we have escalated this for you and will follow up when we have more details.

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Hey @spd1275 - we're more than happy to investigate this for you, however, we still haven't received a private message from you with your date of birth. 

Felicity has provided us with all of your account details except your date of birth, which we need to verify before we're able to access your account. 

We'd highly recommend sending us a private message so that we can discuss account sensitive information with you. Once we've received your date of birth, we'll do our best to assist as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos