cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Skyline
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My Business Landlines have been cut off....

Hi - My four business landlines have been cut-off over an hour ago.  I suspected it was related to a pending disconnection flagged for the NBN changeover that we had been receiving mailers about.

At the time (about 4 weeks ago), I phoned Optus and confirmed that our numbers would not be affected.

I immediately phoned Optus, was then forwarded to "Fleet" and finally to technical.  When I got through to Technical, they looked into it and the person in that area said we had lost those numbers and that new numbers would need to be supplied.

I told her that this was not good enough as a;) I had taken steps to confirm we would not be affected and b:) that these numbers were several years old and could not just be replaced with new numbers without doing a great deal of damage to our business.

I asked her to escalate the issue and she came cack a few minutes later to say it was being escalated to the "Level 2 Team".  She said I would be contacted within an hour.

Of course, I am angry that this should have never happened in the first place and, further, have four members of my sales team that are not able to do their jobs while Optus tries to work through this issue.

I have also tried to phone my local Optus Business Centre (Brisbane South) and the rep. for our account is not presently available.

My case number is #15262852166.

What do I need to do to get this corrected?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Skyline
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: My Business Landlines have been cut off....

Update - I was contacted within the hour and spoke to Sudarshan from the escalation team.  He explained there was nothing Optus could do to reinstate these numbers and that, if I wanted to retain them, that I would need to do so by setting up an account with Telstra. Whilst Sudarshan was apologetic and even offerd to credit the bills outstanding ($479.11), he said there was nothing they could do to reinstate the numbers.

I then spoke to Telstra who advised that, a:) Optus owns those numbers and can only port them to another carrier if they are active (which they are not) and b:) That Optus should have both the power and authority to reactivate the deactivated numbers.

I am now on hold with Leshmi from the Business Team at Optus having explained the situation for the fifth time in three hours and, whilst she is very friendly, I'm not certain I am any further advanced than I was three hours ago.

Again, I have a business with four sales staff sitting on their hands with no ability to make outbound calls on business lines and no ability for our clients to contact us on our published numbers.

Optus, please help me.  I need solutions NOW!

0 Kudos
Skyline
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update Again - 

Leshmi ended up telling me she could not help me and then transferred me through to Manasi, with whom I spoke with two hours ago.

Manasi was friendly but seemed to be pushing me to accept exchange based diversion then issuing new numbers to the business (which could take some time).

I asked for her to escalate it and ended up with Kedar who has said he will look at whether or not Telstra have actually removed the copper lines at this stage.  If not, he will try to get the numbers reinstated so that, then they could be ported to NBN which is what I was informed by Optus seveveral weeks ago had been done.

It remains to be seen whether Kedar will be successful with this (seems like a longshot to me!), but is nonetheless a huge cost to our business and waste of my time.  The current inconvenience (in lost productivity of staff) could be counted in the hundreds of dollars per day, but if they require us to change numbers, this will escalate into many thousands of dollars.

Please help me Optus!  Please! 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @Skyline

Happy to try and help out with this one.It does seem odd that we've all of a sudden cut you off.

Had a notification been sent advising that the ULL/Copper Network was shutting down in preparation for the NBN roll out in your area? 

At any stage, had we advised you to place an order for NBN (in doing so, we'd migrate your existing business line(s) to the NBN Network.

Can I get you to send us a private message? I'll need the following info:

- Your full name
- Business name
- The position you hold within the business
- DOB
- The business numbers

We'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Skyline
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry Dan....my DOB is 8/3/1961

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You need to click on  and send your information via private message 

0 Kudos
Skyline
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Yeldarb!

Done

Skyline
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi All - It has been just over 48 hours since I last posted about my landlines being cut off. I was contacted by one of the group moderators (Dan C) and asked to PM details which was done. A day and a half later he came back with some advice and to say he had passed it through to someone in the business team to address. Its now been another three hours and no contact. Where it was left on Monday was that after a conversation with Kedar in Customer Support, he agreed to taking two actions. First, he was going to put in place an exchange based diversion of our business numbers to my mobile so at least callers to our business would not be greeted with, "This line has been disconnected". Second, he was going to contact Telstra to see if our old numbers could be retrieved and reinstated. He informed me that these changes could take 24-48 hours to put in place. It has now been just over 48 hours and neither of these has been rectified and there has been no update or other contact from Optus. I phoned a short time ago and spoke to Menasi. I explained that there had been no resolution to either of the above. She told me Kedar was busy but that she would get him to phone me. So, here I am, with no business phone lines for what has been 52 hours, no way for clients to contact us by phone without receiving the message that our phone has been disconnected, no way for our 13 staff to make outbound calls via our landlines, and no positive action resulting from the agreed 24-48 hour service timeframe promised by Kedar. Basically, my business is losing hundreds, if not thousands of dollars per day all because I was assured by Optus 7 weeks ago that our phone lines would not be affected when the copper lines were pulled as there was an order to transition them. Now the plug has been pulled and I'm left trying to get a resolution from a company that has been happy to shift me from person to person, tell me that there is nothing that can be done, then to provide a plan of action with a timeframe that now hasn't been lived up to. Optus, when will you help me to stop the bleeding to my business by putting in place a resolution?
0 Kudos