Searching...
Highlighted

External Content Not Showing Webmail

FiveG

Hi,

I couldn't find any existing topic on this so posting a new one. 

My employer recently changed our business domain and so our business emails are moved to new domain too.

And one of our members, who uses optus email, can no longer see content in her email she receives from us (through new emails now). According to her, the Optus team said its not issue on their end. 

We tested our emails (html) and they seem to show ok on gmail and outlook. 

The email seems to land in her inbox. Normally in other email clients like outlook, if content is disabled, there is a link right on the top to enable it.

Now, I am not really sure what sort of settings she needs to tweak to start seeing the email content again.

Appreciate any feedback / guidance on this.

Thank you,

Re: External Content Not Showing Webmail

petergdownload

If the emails work fine for every one else except Optus, how did the Optus techs come to the conclusion that its not a problem on Optus end?

What happens if you send an email to a GMail account and then forward it on to the member account?

Peter Gillespie

FiveG

I did not speak to optus tech so don't know why they said that.

I didn't try sending email to gmail first and then forward. I will give it a shot and see how that goes.

Cheers,

H Saeed

FiveG

Hi Peter,

We tried forwarding email to our member from gmail. And she can view it fine.

She is using Outlook for emails as a client.

petergdownload

I have no answers I'm afraid. I wouldn't think general Optus techs would be able to figure it out, but they would be your only option. You can tell them how the gmail experiment worked. Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
5 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo