cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

robbo1944
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email downloads

Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed some emails that I am expecting do not appear on my desktop computer, but do appear on the laptop.  I picked this up because an email someone sent me did not appear on my desktop, so I called the sender who informed me that they had sent it, so I checked my laptop and Yes, there it was with all the others that had actually come down to the desk.  When I check Webmail, there it still is as well, but has not downloaded with all the others to the desktop for some reason.

Now each morning I have to check Webmail to make sure no emails are missing.

Any answers?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Email downloads

If you are using a pop email account on both your laptop and destop there should not be any missed emails to your desktop providing you have set the advanced email settings on your laptop to retain email on the server. The fact that the missing emails are still sitting on the mail server would suggest to me the laptop is marking the nessages as read and your desktop is not downloading them.

Have a look over your mail settings on both your devices and see if they are using pop or imap email as pop accounts normally don't behave this way. Also have a look at the advanced mail settings and see what your mail client is doing once a send and receive has been done.