cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Bubblegum
New Contributor

Constant, Annoying texts

For the past 6 months I've been receiving the same text message from Optus on an average of 5-7 messages a day regarding their extended international calling rates & after the thousands of live chats & phone calls with them over this nothing was done so sadly i cancelled my service with Optus & went with another provider. That was 2 months ago & yet i am still constantly receiving this text message . I've had to keep my same number for personal reasons so changing numbers isn't an option but any advice how can I stop this?  Has this happened to anyone else? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Constant, Annoying texts

Pity you changed from Optus as it is simple to opt out of Optus telemarketing messages as you can see if you click this link: http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/stop-unwelcome-or-nuisance-calls-messages?requestType=No...

As this article also explains add your number to the Australian Do Not Call register.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Have you heard of the TIO complaints system?

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

When you lodge a complaint, you get to talk to an Optus rep who is motivated to fix the problem. If it's not fixed, it then gets escalated, and costs them even more money. They learn to be motivated the first time, so they bend over backwards.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Hey Bubblegum, this actually sounds like a fault on the SMS service. I've seen this sort of issue before it's like the SMS server has not received the notification that you'v received the message and so it keeps attempting to resend. Usually a  SIM replacement resolves this, so i'm not sure why it would still be happening. Have you tried the SIM in another handset to see if it still happens? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor

I have opted out of marketing by Optus as well as putting my number on the Do Not Call Register but I'm still receiving the texts. It was only AFTER I opted out & put my number on the Do Not Call Register that I changed providers as nothing is being done 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Yes I have tried putting my sim in another phone but sadly that didn't work either

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Really sorry for the hassle @Bubblegum. Could you please confirm when did you submit your details on "Don Not call Register" as it can take around 30 days for the marketing preferences to be updated?  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi @Aman_B I've been on the Do Not Call Register since January 2017 & since then I haven't received a call or text in relation to marketing apart from this particular text which to this day I am still getting.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hmm...let me check this for you. Could you please PM us here → http://yesopt.us/pmaman your mobile number, full name date of birth for ID? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors