Can I receive short code sms messages

I did not receive a short code SMS message from UBer when setting up my account

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Can I receive short code sms messages

Thanks for reaching out, @Merle. That's a strange one, you shouldn't be facing any issues receiving an activation/verification text. Have you tried requesting the code more than once? 

0 Kudos
Captn
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue with Uber

0 Kudos
Tano
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Captn, can't quite remember the Uber sign-up process given I was one of the early adopters (and snagged a $100 credit for my troubles), but I'm wondering if maybe the problem lies in the country code? Given the SMS is sent from San Francisco, that may potentially be the issue...although I can't remember if you need to manually enter the number in as it was so long ago now. If you do, I'd go with +61 in front of your number, and dropping the "0" (so, +614XXXXXXXX) to see if that works. I've never come across an issue with Optus services not being able to receive short code SMS outside of this thread.

Beyond that if you're still having issues, you can contact Uber directly and they can manually confirm the number.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
CapitalJC
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just wondering if you ever got this sorted and whether you had problems with short codes from other services. 

I'm having the same problem after moving from Telstra to Optus this week and the problem applies to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Google. 

0 Kudos
micill
New Contributor
New Contributor

Now it's my turn to ask if you got this sorted! I'm having the same problem.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Majaff
New Contributor
New Contributor

Has anyone solved this yet or is it an issue with Uber directly? 

0 Kudos