Searching...

Anyone want to join me in social media to notify the Australian public of how useless Optus is?

MandyT

Hi there. I'm setting up some social media hubs to drive out information on Optus's customer service.

Key messages will be along the lones of:

Why pay more a get a mediocre experience with Optus, when you could:

* Pay less and get a mediocre experience elswhere

* Pay more elsewhere and get a better experience.

Ie. You get nothing from Optus, so why bother.

I'll neeed other disenfranchised Optus customers to join me in this quest so we can get it viral within a 4-6 week period.

Im not hashtagging this at this stage, but once social media up and running, I'll be adding a heap of dance media to the posts - Optus themselves, their competitors, as well as a variety of media outlets and customer advisory groups (think Consumer Affiars).

ANyone interested in joining me?

Re: Anyone want to join me in social media to notify the Australian public of how useless Optus is?

Dan_C

I'm probably not the first person you wanted to reply to this thread, but here I am.

I'm more interested in your own personal experience with Optus. What's happened? It sounds like we've let you down somewhere along the line. Is there anything we can do to help out?

Let us know @ , we're quite active on the forum. If there's an account or service issue we can help with, give us a shout! 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Anyone want to join me in social media to notify the Australian public of how useless Optus is?

MandyT

Thanks for reaching out, Dan.

I've spoken to so many Optus staff over the past 3-4 weeks about this, including Retentions, Complaints, Customer Relations etc. I just don't have the energy to relay the details again in this forum. If you think you can help, please take a look at the notes in my account. I've had people say their isn't a solution. I've had people say they've fixed it, but then I discover, through my own due diligence, that they have not fixed it. I've even had two staff members say that I'd be better off going to one of your competitors. Your own staff don't even have faith in Optus's ability to deliver a quality (or even satisfactory) customer experience. Even your more senior staff say they'll call me back by a certain time and date. Days roll by and I hear crickets. Then I have to call you back, waste hours on your IVR or being bounced from CSR to CSR before being told that there isn't a solution.

I don't think anyone at Optus can help. It's not that they are not trying or that they are useless at their jobs. They are working within a dysfunctional system. Optus's business processes, as well as the tools you use to manage user accounts, are absurd. Optus needs to invest more in retaining customers (provide good service), rather than just soliciting them.

Good luck finding a solution, Dan. I'm just waiting for Optus to cancel my current arrangement, so I can go elsewhere. I can't go elswhere 'til they've done this, otherwise I'll be told I need to pay out a two-year plan...one which I haven't even received yet.

Let me know how you go. In the meantime, hopefully, one of the multiples staff I spoke to last week will call me back with a solution, or at least an "f$#! you", so I know where I stand. It seems that currently my only recourse is to take Optus to Consumer Affairs.

Thanks again

Ev_

If you can send through a private message to us here, we can certainly take a look through the notes left on your account. For ID purposes, we'll need your full name, date of birth and account number. Thanks

MandyT

Thanks Ev. How long will it take for you to get back to me if I private message you? I had your senior team members from Retentions and Customer Relations on the job last Friday. They agreed that the service I've received is appalling. They guaranteed they'd call me back by 4:30pm on Friday. It's now Tuesday night. I've heard nothing.

MandyT

I just have no idea what's happening. I suspect that if I don't chase Optus up (again) tomorrow, I may never find out. Chasing Optus up requires more of my time (while Im at work) and having to explain over and over and over the same background history, then having someone try to help and fail, then having them send me to someone else, whom I have to repeat the story to, then having them say they've fixed it, then finding out they haven't fixed it, then chasing Optus up (again)...and you see, the cycle continues...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos