cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor daddins
Occasional Contributor

Re: watching fetch tv recordings on ipad

I'm sorry to say but this Optus Fetch TV app on android is faulty. As soon as I connect it to the Optus fetch box it locks up and I have to force close it.

I have a Samsung tab S2 running Android 6.0.1 and am totally frustrated with it, and I'm also flabbergasted that I cannot (even if the app would work) access recorded programs through the tablet app, I want to be able to view my recorded programs from my tablet whilst the kids are watching their programs - but alas no!

Come on Optus - this feature needs to be added.

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Sorry to hear that this is frustrating you @daddins!

I'll send through your feedback to our Web Developers. Am I able to confirm that you've tried re-installing the app to see if this helps?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor slattery
Occasional Contributor

Another year has passed and still no option to watch your OWN recordings on your OWN set top box. This really is ridiculous. When is it going to change????

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @slattery, sorry for the confusion here, can I just clarify which recordings you you are wanting to watch on the set top box? Where were they recorded originally? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor nick_markou
New Contributor

You can if your using your home wireless. Download “oplayer” and you can play recorded tvshows from fetchtv on your tablet or iPad. Play over DLNA. You play around with app and you’ll find out how to play it. It’s easy. They allowed viewing in update this year.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Recordings I have on my generation 2 Fetch box I want to be able to watch on my phone via the fetch tv app. Is this possible?

I'll try what Nick suggested.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @slattery, the recordings on your Gen 2 are not available from the App.  Please click Here to view the details of the app. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I know it isn't. Hence my question earlier. Seems rather silly don't you think that you cant access what you have recorded when it is available but Optus choose not to enable it for reasons unknown...

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Totally understand your frustrations @slattery but the app is primarily to for online content available.  

0 Kudos