Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Tsteele
New Contributor

Re: watching fetch tv recordings on ipad

I can't understand why this is not allowed. For the first time I've gone to watch something that was recorded on my android tablet, only to find after an hour of searching that Optus don't allow this. So the  app is only good for you to set some free to air programming, and that's about it. Doesn't make see when other providers for fetch tv allow this.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor precentor1
Occasional Contributor

Are there any updates on watching FTA Fetch TV recordings on iPad yet?

Thank you,

Highlighted
Contributor Arctos
Contributor

I have just received my bundled Fetch TV box, and was disappointed this feature was not available in the Generation 2 version.

I use a Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 android tablet, and this is what I would really like to see updated in the android app.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@precentor1 & @Arctos, no further updates at this stage sorry on when or if this feature will be available for iPad and android. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted
New Contributor alokthapar
New Contributor

Hello Members,

Does anyone have an update on this ?

Really want this feature to work.

Alok

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor precentor1
Occasional Contributor

Yup, I would like an update on this as well please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Alex_H
RetiredModerator

Hey there @precentor1 - No updates yet, sorry! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor nick_markou
New Contributor

HOPE SOME TECH DEPARTMENT AT OPTUS MAKE THIS FEATURE AVAILABLE SOON!! I'M INTERESTED TOO!! SEARCHING THE INTERNET FOR HOURS FOR A SOLUTION.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Dtgold
New Contributor

This sounds promising -

"

The current Fetch TV already offers some of these digital TV streaming features but they've been disabled on boxes supplied by Optus, seemingly afraid of legal threats from the broadcasters and content owners after it lost the TV Now case. These features would seem to be on safe legal ground because they're your own recordings made in your lounge room, rather than recordings someone else helped you make in the cloud.

Thankfully Fetch TV is updating its smartphone apps in the next few months to remove this restriction on the Mighty and well as existing second-gen Fetch TV boxes, so Optus customers will be treated as equals. There are still some limitations for all Fetch TV users, related more to rights restrictions than technical issues."

From http://www.smh.com.au/technology/gadgets-on-the-go/hands-on-review-fetch-tv-mini-and-mighty-20160710...

Atr any Optus reps able to confirm this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Hannah-L
RetiredModerator

Hey @Dtgold, thanks for the query. 🙂 We're unable to confirm whether this feature will be made available on Yes TV by Fetch as yet, stay tuned for updates.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors