Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Contributor jimiw
Contributor

watching fetch tv recordings on ipad

hi,

is it not possible to watch my fetch tv recordings on the ipad in the house on same network? i can click on recordings in my stuff and it just gives option to put it on on the tv but under watch ipad there is nothing.

i did read something about this being an optus problem and normal fetch tv this works? 

this isnt very good as we have fetch tv downstairs and my wife would like to catch up on the tv upstairs at night on the ipad. the feature is there so not sure why it cant be used especially when you can watch live tv on the ipad it doesnt seem that hard to implement watching a recording........

please help!

many thanks

28 Replies
Contributor jimiw
Contributor

Re: watching fetch tv recordings on ipad

bump someone must be able to help please this is a really simple feature and has been integrated but does not work! devastated

RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey jimiw, I can confirm that you won't be able to watch recordings via the app. For more info on what you can view on the Optus FetchTV app, please click here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor martyb81
New Contributor

Why isn't it available when every other provider allows it except Optus?
New Contributor Dtgold
New Contributor

+1 to this being a significant problem with Optus Fetch TV.
I've seen a number of threads like this one, where users ask WHY it's not available on Optus (but is on other providers), only to have an Optus rep respond by confirming it's not available. It seems that either no-one knows why, or it's kept secret for some reason.
For what it's worth, I think there was a post on the Fetch TV Facebook page a couple of months ago saying it might change soon. Can't seem to find it now though...
RetiredModerator Dan_DS
RetiredModerator

Hi guys, I'm waiting to hear back from our Fetch product manager to see if there are any plans to add this feature in future. With any product that is being carried by multiple providers, there will always be points of difference, and each provider negotiates those on an individual basis. I'll let you know when I have more info, but looking like it will be friday before I hear back 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

RetiredModerator Dan_DS
RetiredModerator

Hi everybody, I've had a chat with our Product Manager and he explained the reason behind not being able to view your recordings on other devices. Not sure if you all remember, there was an issue with copyright and licensing a while back when we introduced OptusTV on mobile, and the on-flow effect is that we have chosen not to switch on the streaming of recordings within the home or outside the home, due to the rights risk.

This feature is not available for Optus customers currently but is under review.

New Contributor Dtgold
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info - I (and I'm sure many others who stumble across this post) appreciate you taking the time to follow it up and provide an explanation.

Glad to hear it's under review, as it sounds like the previous situation with Optus TV on mobile devices isn't relevant to in-home streaming of FTA recordings.

Thanks again for taking the time to investigate and reply!

New Contributor carolek1
New Contributor

I have also been in contact with Optus re watching recorded programmes on an ipad and now understand why it is not possible.  Someone should tell the call centre to give this answer since it took over an hour and much frustration to only be told it was not possible.  Also should the policy be changed it would be nice to be informed about it somehow.

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the feedback carolek1 - I'll definitely pass this onto the relevant departments. In regards to being able to watch recordings via IPad - there is no update on if or when this will be available but I will also pass this on. 

Top Contributors