Searching...

syncing Fetch audio with home theatre, okay with dvds but not with live tv programmes.

kfw54

Re: syncing Fetch audio with home theatre, okay with dvds but not with live tv programmes.

Berowra

Hi @kfw54, More details please - what FetchTV box?  How are you connecting (HDMI or S/PDIF)?

I have FetchTV connected via S/PDIF (via TOSLINK) and I get 5.1 for 90HD (Sydney) presented on my receiver.

Re: syncing Fetch audio with home theatre, okay with dvds but not with live tv programmes.

kfw54

Hi Berowa, thanks for the reply.

I'm not very techy and don't know which model Fetch TV box I have, and I am using the HDMI 2 port only.

Berowra

Hi @kfw54,

Okay, it sounds like your only source of audio is via HDMI.  I will assume that you get a good picture, so that your HDMI is connected correctly and cable lengths, etc. are appropriate.

If your HDMI from Fetch is connected into your home theatre amplifier (receiver) - is this correct? - then:

1. Go to page 45 of the User Guide (Optus TV with Fetch: Full User Guide) and set your audio to Surround Sound 5.1
  2. Make sure your amplifier (receiver) selects the correct HDMI input when Fetch is being used

BUT, if your HDMI goes to your TV and then your TV goes to your your home theatre amplifier (receiver), you may need to change settings on your TV to allow it to pass through the audio correctly.  If your DVD is matched with your TV, your TV may be smart enough to enable the setting for DVD but not for FetchTV.

kfw54

Hi Berowra

I have previously set the audio to 5.1 and I will recheck the cable routing as you have advised. 

How do I make sure the amplifier (receiver) selects the correct HDMI input when Fetch is being used.

Thanks again

kfw54

Highlighted

Berowra

Hi @kfw54,

You need to command the amplifier to use the correct HDMI input.

I assume you have the DVD connected into HDMIx and FetchTV connected into HDMIy (x and y are a number but cannot be the same number).  You command the amplifier to change input from HDMIx to HDMIy.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
32 Kudos
23 Kudos
13 Kudos
9 Kudos