Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Rudayn
New Contributor
New Contributor

streaming music

Hi all,

I have been streaming music on Spotify app after getting a confirmation sms that I can stream data free. However, i have just got a reminder that i have used half of my data and when i checked, it turned out that i have used all of my data on Spotify. What should i do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: streaming music

Hi

Login to MyAccount and check your usage as this does not include data used by Spotify.

A couple of things you need to be careful of is not to download music from Spotify to your phone and music played over another device which is tethered to your phone will be charged.

If you are still unsure contact Optus using online chat or phone.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Rudayn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you Dave. I got in touch with Optus and they told me that on Optus App it counts my Spotify usage in though it does not actually counts towards my real usage. It is kind of not assuring, but at least they promised I will not be charged if I exceed my limit.

0 Kudos
Vicky

@Rudayn - Apologies about the late reply there. I understand it's a little confusing as it might appear that your data is being used when you stream Spotify, however I can confirm that on these plans with the streaming bolt on, our Networks won't charge you for usage on those applications. It will however show up on your My Optus app usage tab, as this is a holistic overview of all the data that comes in and out of the handset. I hope that clarifies things - do feel free to get in touch with us directly here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us if you need a hand or further clarifications on this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos