Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor pnoggin
New Contributor

smart tv on demand ndn

I have a samsung smart tv had no problem with sbs on demaant until i changed to nbn 4 weeks ago.Had optus cable up to that.

wireless speed of 30kbps down 15kbps up.I have also connected directly to modem with lan cable.

It plays fine till the finish of the first add than it resets to the beginning.I have deleted app and reloaded a few times.

As i said there was no problem up to connecting to the nbn.

Can anaboudy hel me as i use sbs alot

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: smart tv on demand ndn

Sounds a bit strange.

What NBN tech do you have? What tv?

Can you confirm only SBS is affected? Try play some other on demand channels.

Do you have a fetch unit?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor pnoggin
New Contributor

optus sagemcom modem.

Tv samsung ua40es6200

Dont have a fetch box

Tried it with lan cable,still the same.

Didnt have a problem before with optus cable wireless moden, had been using it for about 4years.

ABC seems fine then they have no adds so not the same.

The wifi speed seems pretty good 30kbps down 19kbps up on my laptop.Even though its tested fast pages are slower to load than before so mabe some bandwith issue.

Is their any settings that could be done on the modem.

Have tried deleating and reloading app and rebooting modem .

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Samsung have a bit of a rep for on demand note working on their TVs I believe. The change of modem may be the trigger but it still may be due to the Samsung tv. 

Check a commercial tv on demand channel for the issue.

What are the network settings in the tv menu?

One option left of field is you can rent a fetch mini for $5 a month from Optus. Has all the on demand channels, maybe Nat Geo, add a fetch channel pack you might like?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor pnoggin
New Contributor

Why would a change of modem cause a problem its still wifi ,so the modem is the culprit.

network setting,set to auto

I dont watch much tv sbs and abc thats it.

The only thing thats changed is the modem and nbn box

is there any settings on the wireless section of the modem that could be tweeked

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I get the logic (changed modem, SBS stops, modem at fault). However it may be that the modem is still working within acceptable parameters, its just that the Samsung TV now can't quite handle the difference. It sounds like the ad must involve a pause of the main stream to be replaced with a new stream (the ad) possibly of fidderent audio and video quality. IMO its more likely the combo of wireless internet and the Samsung On Demand SBS App can't handle the switch and its resetting to the start of the stream. NOt its the wireless internet that is likely the problem as you're correct wifi is wifi (and you connected on lan anyway).

I would look to change the settings in the Samsung from auto to manual and put in specific IP addresses and DNS etc. (Perhaps 8.8.8.8 for google DNS). There's definitely settings to tweak and test but its beyond the ability to walk through them on this thread. As I've mentioned, the biggest test I could suggest is does the same thing happen on a commercial channel On Demand App?

Otherwise I'd be contacting Samsung (or SBS) to see if they can suggest some diagnostic settings to see why exactly the app is reseting when an ad appears.

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor pnoggin
New Contributor

Thanks for your help

Appreciate it

0 Kudos
Top Contributors