Searching...

optus sport refund

Craighol14

I'd like to verify that I'll be getting my optus sport subscription fee back on my account as the picture quality and buffering issues have made it totally unsatisfasctory, espescially so during this world cup, it was tolerable just barely during the EPL season but no where near what it should be.

I live in a 2 person household with a 40mbps NBN connection and yet even when Optus sport is the only service active when I'm home by myself it still goes pixellated for about 80% of the time.

I can stream full HD on 2 different TV's using Netflix or Stan or Fetch and be using a mobile device to download updateds etc, all no problem it is just OPTUS SPORT that does this, but you know these issues as they are well reported in the media.

Re: optus sport refund

Davelew

Hi

I am interested to know if you are paying a seperate subscription for Optus Sports as most people with Optus broadband and fetch it is included in their package and also many people with mobile plans Optus Sports is included.

Quite a bit in the media with regards to this and the general consensus is Optus will not be offering any refunds to those whose is Optus Sports is included within their plans.

As an aside I am away from home for a few months and and watching the world cup on Optus Sports using Vivid Wireless broadband without problems. I can't help but wonder what Optus's problems are to cause all these issues.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Craighol14

Thanks for responding,

I pay $10 a month for Optus sport on top of my $30 mobile plan, whether I try to watch on mobile 4g or connected to my WIFI at home (which is with IINET along with my Fetch service) or on the desktop internet login to Optus sport the issue is always there.

Davelew

Yep. I reckon you should get a$10 refund. Will you continue with your subscription for the EPL?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

charliet100

Yes @Craighol14, you should get a refund if you pay for Optus Sport on top of your package. It's only people who already have Optus Sport included as part of their mobile/broadband service that won't get a refund. Anyone who paid extra for the subscription will get a refund, according to the comment on this blog anyway.

ManCity7

Optus...It’s a shame your service is so inadequate.

The Internet in Australia cannot pick up the signals you’re sending clearly...

therefore it is pointless watching any of your sport.

I’m giving up my service shortly thank you

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
32 Kudos
23 Kudos
13 Kudos
9 Kudos