cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

optus fetch box states preparing system please wait and nothing happens

My optus fetch box will not work when i connect it says "preparing system please wait"and nothing happens.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: optus fetch box states preparing system please wait and nothing happens

Oh yikes 😕 That doesn't sound good at all! 

Just to clarify, are you able to reboot the Fetch STB?

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with our Faults team here so we can take a look at what's going on. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This happened to me when I got my Mighty delivered the other day. After setting it up with cords and all that, I powered on and it displayed the preparing system please wait at 80% or something, but stayed there for a good 20 minutes.
I found just pulling the power for a minute, then plugging it back in, and powering it back up with the remote fixed the problem. 
You will find that the good ol 'turning it off then back on again' fixes 75% of the problems with the Fetch box.
Give that a try first, if it doesn't fix itself that way then get in touch as the mod says. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have also had this issue occurring in the last week or so and has come to a head this evening, however the 1336937 number suggests calling back tomorrow as they might not get to my call today (this is only at 4.30-5pm I might add...) (after fighting through the automated menu for 5+ mins) and when attempting the live chat, it simply says they the live chat simply says they are too busy and to SMS back later.  So much for their advertised "help when you need it" - it's been 2 hours since I needed that help and I still certainly haven't found it.

We have now come to a point where the fetch box (even when turned off and on again as per above) simply goes to the "preparing system please wait" screen for an extremely long time, and then either:

a) goes to the home optus screen, gets our hopes up by letting us watch Optus Sport for approx. 45 secs then resets itself completely (and returns to "preparing system please wait" to recommence this madness cycle (resetting constantly at that 40-60 second interval); or VERY occasionally

b) goes to the activation code screen and will not move from there no matter what buttons are pressed on the remote.  It also will not accept the actual activation code that is listed in the My Account section.

Would very much like to see an Optus employed human pick up a phone with their human hands and use their human voice to contact me, a fellow human paying for the Optus service and support.  I've done everything humanly possible to reach out to them for help with their product now, I shouldn't have to resort to posting public forum messages but here we are...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Ehg, it sounds like a critical hardware failure. 

In this sort of scenario, we'd offer you a warranty replacement. I'm happy to get this organised for you from my end. Are you able to send us a private message with your account details? I need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Fetch box is also stuck in a loop:

Restart

Connect to internet

System update screen

Downloads version - progress bar to 100%

Preparing Firmware - progress bar has not moved in 6 days.

We have just moved over to NBN. Could the new router be at fault? We have a first gen Fetch. I think. 

What can we do? or try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Almass, try unplugging for 30 seconds and reconnecting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry, but are you serious that you just said turn it off for 30 seconds. In my email I said it’s stuck in a loop restart. That means I’ve turned it off. What else can u do that is a bit more technical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It's known to fix the issue for another customer previously.

You'll need to contact Optus directly if a replacement router or Fetch box is required.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors