cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Kensayers
Occasional Contributor

multiroom

As things are at the moment, and given that this has changed a lot over the last year, Optus is giving a Fetch Mini as part of the deal if you sign up to an NBN plan. We're likely to be ready for NBN connection again early next year, so I keep an eye on what's on offer. I currently have a Fetch box Gen 2 on an Optus HFC plan, so if I move to the NBN plan, when it becomes available, will the Fetch Mini be added to my account rather than replacing the Gen 2? We record lots of stuff on the Gen 2 so there is no way we could accept a mini on its own.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: multiroom

Hi

As I understanding it the Optus NBN plan includes a fetch mini in the price and you will be asked to return your fetch mighty. You can upgrade to the fetch mighty for an extra $5 per month though.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I don't have a mighty, but rather a Gen 2.

If I have to return the Gen 2 and get a mini I'll keep the Gen 2. The mini is not at all acceptable to us.

I bought the Gen 2 through Optus years ago when I paid cash to upgrade from a Gen 1 unit. As I see it I own that unit. 

When we were first looking at moving to NBN the standard Optus offer was a Mighty. Seems that Optus have gone for the mini to save money.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Kensayers, I'll need to do a bit of research.

Under the Important Info tab, we state the following:

Existing customers signing up to the Optus Ultra Entertainment or the Optus Reach Ultra Entertainment who already have a Gen2/3 box may keep their Gen2/3 box or existing customers with a Fetch Gen2 can upgrade to the Fetch (Gen 3) Mighty device (fees may apply). Buying content gives you a non-transferable right to use that content, provided you maintain your Fetch service.

I need to confirm if you're able to keep the Gen 2 Fetch STB in addition to receiving a Fetch Mini. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Sometimes @Dan_C you surprise me with something out of the blue There's me researching what provider and what plan I am going to use when I switch to the NBN. Annoyed me a little as I thought if I go with the Optus Ultra entertainment I would have to pay $5 per month extra too keep my fetch mighty.

As far as  I can see couldn't get to that info about keeping the fetch box until placing the order.

Now I know I don't have to pay the extra I have placed my order for the switch over to NBN. Interestingly the order says it includes a fetch mini.

@Kensayers I'll keep you informed of how it works out.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've sent an email out to a couple of guys in product/marketing

I'll get some clarrifcation on the wording they've used.

We'll get both of you guys an answer @Davelew

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

Still no response? I see in The Age this morning that Alan Lew has sack people who don't make us customers happy. I hope the Product/marketing guys are listening...

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

As the email was sent Friday afternoon, Dan may not have heard back yet. Sorry for the wait, he'll let you know as soon as he's got an answer

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi @Kensayers

An update for you.  @Dan_C has informed me there is a plan which is call Optus Ultra Ent. M2M which is for those migrating to the NBN who have an existing Fetch Mighty.   If you go onto this plan you keep your existing Fetch box and don't receive a Fetch Mini.

If you are interested I have a blog posted on the Yes Crowd site outlining my experience with Optus migrating to the NBN.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/My-NBN-experience-with-Optus-Pre-connection/ba-p/497743

Dave

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks @Davelew 🙂

@Kensayers - If at any stage, you'd like a moderator to take a look - we're happy to do that for you.

You'll just need to send us a private message, be sure to include your name, DOB and account number.

0 Kudos