Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

mobile TV streaming

why is it that if I upgrade my services with Optus I lose my existing features e.g I am currently on the 100GB plan with free TV streaming but if I want more data and change to the current 200GB plan I lose my TV streaming. Due to where I live we can not get NBN or ADSL (which is BS to start with in this day and age). I have lost the love I have for Optus.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: mobile TV streaming

@Shags74, you were looking at changing to the $70 for 200GB MBB offer ?

I didn't think we'd offered mobile TV streaming on SIM only data plans. As far as I'm aware, it's something that was only available on 24-month tablet MBB plans.

What devices to use to stream content at the moment? Do you use a mobile phone or tablet?

Mobile TV streaming is optimised for user on a mobile or tablet and allows you to stream in 1.5Mbps (standard definition)

I'm happy to check on your combined metered & unmetered data usage. It might still be worth changing to the 200GB plan (if you're still coming through as under the 200GB quota).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

It was definitely available on 100GB month to month, but it doesn't pop up in the contract of the 200GB month to month, like it did in the 100GB. When I went to the Optus shop to activate the 200GB, I got two emails. One to subtract the TV from my 140GB plan, and then another to add it to something - which could have been the new 200GB plan. Currently my 200GB plan has TV, but it could be the trailing debris from the old account. It might turn off at the end of the month.

My phone app says it's available for my plan, but I don't want to touch the activate button, because I already did that on My Account, and the order has jammed in the works, and it shows "Pending" forever. I removed Sport, and that still shows "Pending", so the dashboard stuff doesn't work on my account.

When you are at the store, they will let you sign up for 1 month or 24. It should make no difference, because you can get out of the contract free. The 24 month Option may trigger TV more reliably.

If my TV goes off, then I'm down 25GB. I don't know if that matters. There will be another offer coming along soon, I suspect. I'm at least off the 140GB contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Annoyingly, what did pop up in the contract of the 200GB, was $15 Sport. The shop man said it was a glitch in the matrix, and not to worry about it.

Shop staff actually said TV was not available on the 200GB plan, but I thought yeah yeah, since I managed to get it going on my 140GB plan. Optus should make it clearer what is going on with the month to month plan, because the web site says you get music sport and TV free. In the 140GB you officially got Nat Geo, Music, Sport. There is no telling what is supposed to happen with any of these plans, since it's not mentioned in the CIS. You only see on a contract when you sing up... and my contract was INACCURATE, and different to what the system says.

Optus needs to get its act together.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, I am more than happy to sign up for 24months providing I keep my TV streaming, however I did this when the 140 GB deal came out only to find out I lost my TV streaming so have gone back to the 100GB month to month with TV Streaming. Optus really needs to make there advertising more clear.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I had the TV streaming on the 100GB month to month then was told that if I signed up for the 140 GB plan on 12 month contract nothing would change, however I did lose the TV streaming so after a lot of arguing Optus cancelled the plan and put me back on the 100GB month to month. So after being bitten once I asked about the 200GB plan and was told it didn't come with TV streaming. I will call into the local shop today as it appears they have more idea then the people on phone. They really need to make their advertising with regards to the TV streaming clearer. It is a good point that I may still be better off even if I don't get the free TV streaming, although I do watch a lot of Netflix and Stan :).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Online won't let you sign up for 24 months without a tablet. However, the shop will.

If you use the website and "Shop Modems", you get all sorts of things:

AC800s gets you 200GB with Sport

SIM option puts you through to the 140GB and 200GB without TV

E5573 option puts you through to a 3GB plan only

E5186 option puts you through to some old webpages with old plans.

As I said, I'm not too worried about it because if you spend all your time looking at Netflix, there ends up being no use for the 200GB. Even if you think you can use it for torrents, there is still no time to watch the torrents. And as I said, there will likely be a new contract deal around in a few weeks, to replace the 140GB.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the 12 month 140gb plan and just activated my $0 mobile tv streaming .

0 Kudos