Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

how long does the fetch box keep a recording before auto deletes?

how long does the fetch box keep a recording before auto deletes?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: how long does the fetch box keep a recording before auto deletes?

Hi julesbo11,

The user needs to monitor the storage. Once the storage fills up older recordings go into Deleted Items and then will eventually delete to free up space for new recordings.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Actually its a bit more sophisticated than that.
If it is a series recording (automatic) you can choose a set number of episodes to be kept (e.g. 1, 2, 5 etc.) or you can just keep all episodes and let Fetch delete the oldest ones once the drive fills up
If its just a standalone recording or series record you can set them as protected and they will never be deleted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Very good point about the protect recording feature 👍 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for that. The storage was fairly full. How do i protect recordings? I see the protect recording option on the record but it says inactive
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Not sure. You should be able to select any and set it as such. perhaps you need to clear a little space off the hard drive first?
0 Kudos