Searching...

free upgrade gen 2 fetch set top box

Phile

used suggested site of optus.com.au/fetchupgrade to do the free set top box to gen 2 upgrade but this does not appear to exist...any ideas

Re: free upgrade gen 2 fetch set top box

Hannah-L

Hi there! You should be able to reach the site by clicking here. Smiley Happy

mrcurly

Just be sure you really need it!
Optus do not appear to have thought about their customers much for this upgrade.  

1. You lose your saved shows.

2. You are offline for 10 days.

Kaysie

Hi, Can Optus confirm please that the comment above re loosing Fetch for 10 days is correct and is there any way arounnd it?

Cheers

Dan_C

Hey @Kaysie, if you were to proceed with an upgrade then you would loose any saved recordings. It really shouldn't take ten days but due to the process involved in upgrading the service - the old Fetch service is cancelled in the interim. Generally we've been able to send new units out with in 3-5 business days. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Haren68

I am having the same problem. Keep getting "Oops! We're unable to locate your details in our system. "

Please help.

AlexRH

Haren68 sorry to hear that it's been giving you the error Smiley Sad If you can PM me or one of the other moderators with your account number, full name and DOB - we'd be happy to organise it from our end for you Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ArcherB

I agree that Optus have no idea about customer service. Turning off the Fetch TV service when you order the upgrade is ridiculous.

Optus can and should track the upgrade box, via their third part transport provider & should only turn off the Gen 1 box when the new box is delivered to my door. Optus should be smart enough to do this... Others are... If Optus can't use all the technology available to provide real customer service then there is something wrong.... 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
34 Kudos
25 Kudos
14 Kudos
8 Kudos