cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

fetch tv

i have send my fetch mini back to optus on the 21st december and now they are saying they are going to charge me $150.00 if i dont return it

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: fetch tv

Morning @kesian, happy to try and help out with this one. 

The Fetch box is a lease, if you do decide to cancel the Fetch service or an account that’s been linked to Fetch, you’ll need to send the device back to Optus.

Do you mean the 21st of January, or were you told that it needed to be sent back by the 21st of December to avoid the application of a non-return fee? 

If the fee has already been applied, we can waive this for you once we've received the set top box. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I returned the the fetch mini box and leads on the 21st december

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. 

Optus will charge the $150 while they haven't recieved it at the warehouse. Sounds like the packages and notification crossed paths. In all cases any amounts deducted are refunded when the box finally arrives. In your case it seems unlikely to be charged. Just keep an eye on your bill as you can only argue the charge when it has actually been applied.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I can go in and take a look @kesian

Can I get you to send us a private message? We'll need you to include the following:

- Your full name

- D.O.B

- Account number.

We'll confirm if the warehouse has received the device. If you happened to record the consignment/delivery number, that'd be really helpful. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

i dont want to receive any more added to my account, i tried to ring them was put on hold , ive had enought im a pensioner and i did the right thing i retured the box , i have sent messages to them asking them to ring me i cant afford to ring them and be put on hold for 30 mins plus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@kesian,

Any money added to a closed account will be re-debited or sent as a cheque to the mailing address automatically. 

Unfortunately Optus systems are really not great. They manage most stuff but when things go wrong there doesn't seem to be a safety net. Its the customer that ends up sweating (and paying) (and waiting) while attempt after attempt to just complete a simple transaction lead nowhere (or worse)

IMO the closest thing to a safety net is here. The mods can work behind the scenes and they are reasonably adept at sorting out interdepartmental problems. I would suggest you PM @Dan_C (click on the name) and provide the details he needs. Can't promise anything but IMO its your best chance.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos