cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

hylux
New Contributor
New Contributor

fetch discovery channel

so geo people is gone and Discovery channel replaces it. I have entertainment package, it says on the box its part of the package and messages on the box say I don't need to do anything. We'll it. Won't let me view it unless I pay another $6 amonth, or upgrade to an ultimate package.

WTF is going on, Optus playing games again to get me on a more expensive package?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: fetch discovery channel

@hylux

From the 28th of February, National geographic people has ceased transmission and therefore be removed from the Knowledge, Ultimate and Entertainment packs. 

FYI - The National Geographic People channel will have also have a slate  indicating that the channel has been removed and will stay for approximately a week. Once the channel has been removed, the channel and channel number will no longer be available for customers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
LordBanana
New Contributor
New Contributor

Bump on this one. I have the same package. Discovery channel was there after a while, now it’s gone and fetch wants me to pay $6 extra p/m for the one channel I am missing? What’s happening here?

Avignon
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yep same here, have lost discovery channel.  I have recordings from this week!  They now cannot be accessed. 

I would call Optus, but I would have to explain what Fetch is first to someone, then after hearing them rattle off the packages for 15 minutes and asking if I would like to upgrade, I would have to re-explain my problem then I would get an awkward silence as they don't understand my question.   The line would disconnect and I would end up doing this again.

I am hoping someone on here knows what is going on and can explain it.  I really don't want to have to go through the whole call centre process.

P_IVDS
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thought I was going mad..

I also lost Discovery channel after a reboot of my device. Now it tells me I have to pay for it. Yet I have an older plan with All the channels.

0 Kudos
lizmor
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My discovery channel has disappeared also and I refuse to pay extra when its only the 1 channel I want.Whats happening Optus?

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I've emailed our TV & Content team for some additional info

We were actually running a Knowledge pack trial back in May. For those on the old entertainment pack, we'd given customers the Discovery channel free for the month of May. I can't imagine it being removed so soon. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
hylux
New Contributor
New Contributor

its a scam between Optus and fetch. Each will probably blame the other but both will gain revenue if we fall for it.

feel sorry for those that are silly enough to click on the new subscription and pay $5 extra a month for one channel.

I was one of the first to join Optus when they started 30years ago but getting sick of them cancelling old plans to get you on newer more expensive ones. 

After travelling aust. Recently and little mobile service while Telstra applenty maybe time for some telstra/foxtel

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

How so? 

We'd offered a Knowledge pack trial for the month of May. The knowledge pack has 18 channels including the Discovery channel. 

In the last two years there have been some changes to the Fetch service offering.

We have customers still on the old Entertainment package, however the majority of our customers are subscribed to one of our premium channel packages or the Ultimate pack. 

New Fetch customers during the month of May

New customers who are not subscribed to the Knowledge or Ultimate Pack, will automatically have access to all 18 channels in the Knowledge Pack once they have activated their box.

Existing Fetch customers with one or more $6 channel packs (e.g. Kids, Vibe, Variety) or the legacy Entertainment Pack

Existing customers will get access to all Knowledge Pack channels that are not available with their current pack(s). For example, the Entertainment Pack will have access to the Discovery Channel for the trial duration. Customers will continue to be charged for their existing channel pack subscriptions.

Existing customers with an Knowledge pack or Ultimate pack subscription

These customers are NOT eligible for the trial, and will not receive a discount on their existing Knowledge or Ultimate Pack subscription.

For customers on the Entertainment Pack (no longer offered) the will be advised that they are getting the Discovery Channel free for the month of May and will see the below tile and screen.

lizmor
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So what does that all mean for existing customers, I have had the entertainment pack for several years and want access to the Discovery Channel. Do they do a trial so we enjoy it then they expect us to pay more for an extra 1 channel?

0 Kudos