Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

fetch activation code

I have a plan which includes data streaming. I am trying to activate Fetch. I have downloaded the app and it asks for an activation code. In MyOptus I have aseked support who say its on my dashboard. I dont get a screen offering me a "dashboard". My profile has nothing. I went intoan Optus Store.....

Still here? Try an Optus store. Anyway, eventually I was served, and told that the set top box was on its way and to get the number off te box. I explained it's a Samsung Tablet S2 but apparently I still need a desktop box! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: fetch activation code

Hey, 

May I ask are you referring to Mobile TV Streaming? From what I understand, this service ONLY lets you stream for free but this doesn't include the premium subscription fee.

It would be best to contact Optus for assistance. They should be able to confirm this for you. Their direct number is 133937. Or you can also contact them via chat, please go to: http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Hope it helps. 

Cheers,

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If you log into MYACCOUNT (here online) then under your landline you should see a Fetch Option that provides the number.

fetch.jpg

It may not be there though?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, mobile streaming onto an Optus supplied Galaxy S2. 

Regading contacting Optus for assistance, I went into their shop and hung around for 30 minutes until I was served. The person who served me suggested until I wait until a set top box arrives in the post. How I attach that yo a Galaxy S2 should be interesting. 

Thanks for trying anyway, but surely life shouldnt be s hard. (On the upside I see I have been awarded some badges for my endeavours! Last time that happened I was in the Boy Scouts) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hard to believe I know but I dont have a landline. I am streaming through a mobile service, (or not, in this case). I did try the 13 number you suggested but Optus perhaps doesnt realise is has a mobile network, the only press 1 -5 options it has assumes I have a landline. Thanks for trying though. I am seriously thinking of ditching this Merry Go Round and going back to Telstra

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Your service should still appear in the MYACCOUNT. 

There's a LINK SERVICES option at the top if not (although its pretty hit and miss)

Not being a landline perhaps FETCHTV option won't appear next to it.

I suggest LIVE CHAT as an alternative.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos