cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Staunts
New Contributor

Re: fetch TV unlock

looking at buying one of the many Fetch boxes for sale on Gumtree and eBay etc. if they have never been used can I buy and use ? I am currently on Foxtel/telstra ADSL. I do, however, have an optus mobile account. Can I link the Fetch to that ?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey Staunts, Only Optus supplied Yes TV by Fetch boxes will work with our Optus Sport channels and EPL coverage. If you have an Optus mobile service only a Yes TV by Fetch mini box can be associated with it and that needs to happen at our warehouse when we send it to you. We aren't able to activate any second-hand or used boxes purchased elsewhere.

Fetch TV also supply retail boxes which don't need to be linked to any ISP account and can be activated directly from them. Though keep in mind any previously supplied Optus boxes can't be activated by Fetch TV.

Hope that clears it up for you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jason83
New Contributor

Hi There,

I have a second Fetch TV unit which I have not opened from the box as yet. I was hoping to use this second unit in my holiday house. However this second property of mine does not use Optus as the ISP.

Can I set this second unit up using my active Optus subscription which I am using in my main property?

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey @Jason83, thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

Generally they do need to be provisioned at the address the service is connected to however if it's a Yes TV Fetch Mini device this can be set up at another address using a fixed internet service.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor rygar_70
New Contributor

hi all,

Hopefully, someone can answer this question?

I have a mini fetch tv box from iinet.  I just moved my mobile from Telstra to Optus (woohoo!).  Now, with this new deal, I have Optus sport and plus the other Fetch TV features.  My question is can I use this iinet issued Fetch TV box with my Optus mobile subscription using another IP provider?  

0 Kudos