Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor wordsnjourneys
Occasional Contributor

Re: fetch TV unlock

But wait... there's more...

I just read about the Mighty STB on Fetch TV's website. Why wasn't I offered this product ??

Mighty is the update to the current Gen 2 box. The main differences from Gen 2 are that Mighty:

The Mighty is slightly taller than the Gen 2 and comes with a fancy new remote control, but there are no changes in the way
the interface / menu looks. Netflix is still "coming soon" on Mighty as we put the finishing touches on the new app, but if all goes to plan it's only a few weeks away. You Tube is currently not available on Mighty as we are rebuilding that app too and we'll have it up and running in coming months. Mighty is wi-fi enabled which means most people won't need PLA devices to get the signal from your modem to your Fetch box has one extra free to air tuner, so you can record up to 6 shows while you watch another
has 3 Gb of RAM which means it's super fast. It also means we've been able to make Netflix launch in
about 2 seconds which is really speedy uses HEVC H.265 which means it can deliver you a better picture quality using less bandwidth is 4K capable so you can watch Netflix 4K content

When can you get one?
Mighty is now available to Optus customers contracting on the My Entertainment Plus Plan. It will eventually be available
on other Optus Fixed broadband plans but the date for that is not yet confirmed.

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey Ben, reading through here I can see that when you called to downgrade the plan you were given the incorrect information and I sincerely apologise for that. We'd be happy to send out the return satchel for the old box, are you able to PM me the full name, account number and date of birth on the account, we'll arrange one ASAP - Shae

0 Kudos
Contributor Sinderella
Contributor

I'm a long time Optus customer (9 yrs) with NBN, FetchTV and more. Internet provision/product is top rate. It's (as you and I discovered) the Optus 'system'  of dealing with customers that is the real let down here.

I've had various customer service issues with staff and website information being contradictory, or just plain incorrect. (In regard to Fetch in particular; see my previous posts).

The 'system' is not user friendly, and appears very inflexible indeed. If we don't fit into what they expect us to want, then customer service satisfaction is not achieved.

If I wasn't receiving the good value bundle and decent speeds that I do (compared to other ISP's), I would not be an Optus customer.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Completely understand your frustration Sinderella & have certainly passed it on. As mentioned previously it's not a process we can change. I've PM'd you about a possible solution we could look at for this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor broadeee
New Contributor

hi if I purchase a second fetch box for my house from harvey norman of fetch directly can i assossiate it with my optus account and use  the same entertaiment packadge that I have through optus i have plenty of bandwidth using the nbn

Contributor Sinderella
Contributor

The answer is NO. As I've discovered, you can buy your own Fetch tv 📺 Set top box and use your Optus data, however to activate it you must do it through Fetch tv website ($1 activation fee) & Fetch is also the provider of any channel packages & they are charged/billed by Fetch, NOT OPTUS (EPL package not available thru Fetch either,  EPL is Optus only, I believe).

OPTUS only support Yes Tv (their 'branding/name' for Fetch) on units supplied by Optus to Optus accounts. You cannot purchase an Optus Yes tv unit from another Optus customer and then have it activated on your account. Optus will only activate when they have issued an allocated Optus box to you. That means that buying an Optus Yes tv unit from eBay or Gumtree (even if it's never been used) will not work. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor broadeee
New Contributor

am i able to purchase a second fetch box from optus ?? or do they still not offer this. do have a solution so we can have it in another room on a telivision. cheers Andrew

Contributor Sinderella
Contributor

If your existing Optus Yes Tv (Fetch box) is attached to your home broadband, Optus will supply you another one (Fetch mini; non recordable unit) attached to your post paid mobile phone account, if you have one, and that will cost about $5 per month before you get any packages.

0 Kudos
New Contributor broadeee
New Contributor

can i use my exsisting entertainment packadge or do I need to pay another $15 subscription fee ??

0 Kudos
Contributor Sinderella
Contributor

Existing broadband service YesTV package is seperate. You will have  to pay for any tv subscription packages, but I think the new EPL soccer is free for the first year if you request it activated by Optus

Tags (1)
0 Kudos