cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Hakeber
New Contributor

fetch TV unlock

How do I go about getting my Optus locked fetch TV unlocked??

i am moving out bush and can only get Telstra connection and would dearly love to continue the use of fetch TV as a PVR as I think it's brilliant 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: fetch TV unlock

Hi there,

Bit it of a tricky one as I read that you can in fact have fetch on the Telstra network (although metered) it'll come down to how you aquired the unit. Bought out right or paying a monthly subscription, I understand you can't on the latter.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor koston44
New Contributor

i purchased i second hand optus fetch tv (2nd gen). can i unlock my fetch tv device to use with Belong as isp? 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

The Fetch TV units supplied by us are linked to the original account that set them up. Just as long as still associated with an active Optus account then there is no restriction on which internet you connect box to. However the data usage will be metered if not on an Optus internet connection.

0 Kudos
New Contributor AnthonyField
New Contributor

I note that you mention, that once the Optus Fetch TV box is configured it will remain connected to the Optus account holder.

What if the Optus Fetch TV Box is still Sealed in Optus Retail box, then connected for the first time to My Telstra Account ? Would this work ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

If the Fetch TV box was provided by us then it's serial number and MAC address are stored in the database against the Optus account that ordered it. That happens when it leaves the warehouse not when it get's connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
New Contributor SED
New Contributor

Hi Nghi, so if I purchase another Optus Fetch TV from someone to have a 2nd unit in the house, and they have disconnected their service with Optus (deactivate), does this mean the unit is disabled and unusable?

I'm wanting a unit to use purely as PVR and I currently have an Optus internet account.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

I might be able to guess this one.

As the unit with all its details are associated accounts the original owner/user would be required to deactivate or disassociate the unit to there name.

Hopefully then you'll be able to then associate it to your account.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

@SED Generally speaking you shouldn't be able to purchase Optus provided Fetch hardware from other users. The Yes TV by Fetch STB remains property of Optus, in the case the associated service is disconnected it needs to be returned to us. It wouldn't work at other locations as the serial number and MAC address are linked to the service specifically. Hope this helps

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Trish

Your response "...shouldn't be able to purchase Optus provided Fetch hardware from other users. The Yes TV by Fetch STB remains property of Optus, in the case the associated service is disconnected it needs to be returned to us" is interesting.

This information is not made clear on Fetch TVs web site until after one signs up with them.

I purchased an Optus Fetch TV box off eBay with the intention of registering it directly with Fetch TV (I live in a Telstra "Smart Home" community).  Needless to say Fetch TV have taken my registration money (luckily I've only paid the minimum $2 to register with Fetch TV) but won't allow me to use it. 

What your statement means is that eBay Australia have sold me stolen goods (even if the actual seller has paid for it in full through their now expired multi-year contract with Optus).

I guess I should supply the Police with it's serial number (which is in Optus's database) and get them to follow up directly with you; I'll habe to use the police report to get my refund off eBay.

Perhaps Optus should rectify this with Fetch before eBay, the Federal Police and Unfair Trade Practicises all come knocking on Optus' and Fetch TV's doors!

Or is there another way to unlock this box and use it with my current ISP? Happy to send you it's serial number via private message if you want - let me know how I can contact you.

Thanks!

Cheers,

skris88