cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: changing fetch tv channel pack

Hi

As I understand it you can swap between packs at anytime. Just remember to cancel your present pack before you go to another one.

I have changed a few times and never been charged.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey Dave, I’d like to accept your answer, but first I’d like an Optus Rep or Moderator to confirm. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, and optus rep or Mod would really confirm it.

I see it as ......

- we get 1 pack included of our choice

- if we change around reguarly (like Dave does and I presume maybe a couple of times during the month), then there is no charge (as we are having just 1 pack).

- if keep the 'one' pack, but change a couple of time during the month, but add another pack, then a $6 p/m is chargeed (which is fair enough.

It just comes down to whether we change packs as many times as we want (but just having 1 pack only at a time) and not be charged.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @acrowau

If you decided to cancel/change your channel pack mid billing cycle, you shouldn't receive any additional charges as long as there's only one channel package active at the time. I might need some further confirmation myself but I believe you'd receive a prorated discount for both channel packages. For example if you have a billing cycle of the 2nd of each month and the package is removed on the 01/01/17, you'd be charged and credited in the following way.

Billing period, 3/12/17 - 2/1/17

XYZ channel pack - Prorated charge of $5.80

XXY channel pack - Prorated charge of .20 cents 

XYZ channel pack - Prorated credit of $5.80

XXY channel pack - Prorated charge of .20 cents 

Either way, you'll only be charged and credited $6.00 per month. I hope that makes a bit of sense, it can get a bit confusing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors