Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Carleena
New Contributor

cannot link my previous optus sports account to my new mobile plan subscription

Hi i have cancelled a mobile plan service and created a new mobile plan service in the same account.

I have tried to link my previous optus sports account to my new subscription. 

I can log into the optus sports account but its no longer linked to a mobile plan service so says free trial.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: cannot link my previous optus sports account to my new mobile plan subscription

Have you tried to re-register through the Optus Sport site? If not I'd so that and enter your new mobile number in to set up new credentials. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Carleena
New Contributor

Re: cannot link my previous optus sports account to my new mobile plan subscription

Yeah but when I click re-use the existing log in with the password, it doesn't have a button to link on to create account.

I really want to use my same email address but i cannot link the accounts

0 Kudos
New Contributor Carleena
New Contributor

Capture.PNG

It doesn't appear to be linking when i press create is dosesn't link my new mobile service to it. it says user is already created and there is no 'done' button to link

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Yikes! Sorry to the hassle there @Carleena

Were you still needing a hand with this? If that's the case, please chat with our EPL crew HERE so we can sort this out for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Bouchbre
Occasional Contributor

I'm having exactly the same issue. I have an old Optus Sport login from a previous Mobile broadband account that is now inactive. I'm trying to link the old login to my new NBN Internet account and am getting the "username is already in use" error. Is there known solution to this issue?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Bouchbre,

Which process had you followed to link the old Optus Sport username to your NBN account? When you attempt to login with your old credentials https://sport.optus.com.au/, what error message are you being prompted with?

Had we advised you to re-register the service for Optus Sport via the eligibility page

https://offer.optus.com.au/order-epl/?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Bouchbre
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response Dan.

I went to My Account > Sports and Entertainment > Optus Sport and clicked on [Manage].

There was an option there to create a new login or a check box to reuse an existing login.

Regardless of whether I tried to reuse my existing login or create a new one I got the same error message: "username is already in use."

I ended up contacting Optus Sport support. They deleted my old login, and recreated it (with the same username) and linked it to my new NBN service for me. I just had to reset my password and now it all works AOK.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, good stuff! Thanks for the update! I'm glad they could rework the account.

If anything comes up, give us a shout! Have a great evening 🙂

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos