cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Youtube for my Optus Hisense TV Connection

I just signed up to Optus and my Desktop computer is connected via Wifi

The Optus Modum is connected with a NBN Box and a new TV Antenna 

With Telstra I had Youtube on my Hisense TV

How do I get my Youtube Access on my Hisense TV?

Instructions please

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Youtube for my Optus Hisense TV Connection

Select Sign in on your TV.
Use the keyboard to enter your email/phone for your Google account.
Click Next.
Verify your account.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Bunny777Read the TV manual to connect the TV via WIFI to the Optus modem fist, then as @Rachel924  indicated log into your google account when you bring up the youtube app.

If you cannot get it working give Hisense a call as it's a TV issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Bunny777 - Thanks for our question here.

I myself have a Hisense and have encountered this specific issue however, I did have some apps that were removed. The TV manual is very helpful.

Depending on what model you have, I had gone to Settings via my remote and 'About'. From here (Just like your phone) there should be a factory reset. This resets the TV as before when you had purchased it. Please note though, if there was specific settings you had, these will be gone. I tried this and it did clear it. 

The Support team for Hisense was also very good. Give this a go if you don't have luck after the factory reset.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is so hard..If only Optus had customer service when signing up new customers..Im still stuffed. The service has always been a no service system..really difficult causing stress to its customers. Sometimes I just wish I had never left Telstra for this remote impersonal system.

Logic tells me that I have the WiFi to my computer and is it that Hisense TV does not detect Wifi?

The TV message says there is no Internet Connection

I was able to get the TV Keyboard up and It says name your TV? 

Should I call it FRED Bloggs ? Or Insert my Email address on there? 

Nothing is clear ..I pity people who had no computer experiences having to spend countless hours talking to Optus operatives for dozens of hours taking up their time when a 10 minute service call would save optus Money and reputation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

WE ARE IN!!!

THE ANSWER WAS GIVEN BY THE MODERATOR WHO SUGGESTED I GO BACK TO HISENSE TV FACTORY SETTINGS

AND RELOAD ALL DATA SUPPLIED

RESET TV CHANNELS ETC

IT WAS THEN, AND ONLY THEN THE YOUTUBE SIGN IN FUNCTION CAME UP....

Thank you to all those people with kind words that assisted my wife and I. 

We cannot thank you enough as this has gone on for months and should have been all fixed when our initial complaints of no-service to Optus were reported Online-The Local Optrus Shop and Goodness knows how many other Optus staff.. Id say 'minimum' of 20 hours of my wife and I time and theirs as it was never-ending.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Bunny777 Glad to hear that the steps provided @Steven_YC had worked for you and you are now able to access Youtube on your Hisense TV. 🙂 

If there is anything else we can assist you with, do feel free to reach out at any time. 

0 Kudos