Searching...
Accepted Solution

Youtube app on Fetch Gen 2- no longer supported

kingvdom

I just went to watch something on youtube using my Gen 2 fetch box and once the app started I got a message that the app would no longer be supported after 30th June 2017.  WTF??  Will there be another/new YouTube app that will magically appear in July? Are they dropping YouTube altogether? Who do I call to get more information.

Solution

Re: Youtube app on Fetch Gen 2- no longer supported

SamSam

They've just released the app for the Fetch Mighty and Mini (the 3rd gen boxes). I'd put money on them removing it on the older boxes to avoid having to continue to update it for multiple platforms. I'd say you'd need to upgrade if you want to continue to use it.

But calling Optus is your best bet of confirming. I've also heard the Fetch Facebook page is quite responsive if you don't want to call.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted

kingvdom

Thanks for your response.  You're right on the money.  I called optus and it is because Gen 3 now has youtube app so I have to upgrade to keep getting the app.  Cheers

eeycee

Following. Me too.

Elle

esskay1948

Optus should replace the Fetch Set top Box because now there is a limitation (due to old technology of the currently supplied Set top box. Optus long standing customers shouldn't be penalized for "being loyal" to Optus.

This App is still working on later model Optus Fetch Set up boxes supplied to "new" customers on the very same Optus Line+Broadband customers.

Begining of last year (2017) my son signed up for same Line+Broadband plan as me and he was given Gen3 Fetch set up box. At that time, Optus said to me that they have run out of the boxes and have new boxes which they are now supplying.

I called Optus today. Optus Service representative said that "old customers" have to pay $129 for change of Gen1/Gen2 Fetch Setup box to Gen3 or Mini Set top box.

This is unfair to old/existing  customers who had remained loyal. This is penalizing the old customers!  Optus should look atthis issue urgently

Toomey

Hey @esskay1948, sorry to hear of the run around with your set top box. Have you finished your contract yet? If so, you can recontract to get the latest hardware with no upgrade fee. Jump into Live Chat with Sales to discuss your options.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
33 Kudos
24 Kudos
14 Kudos
9 Kudos