Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Your Fetch box is hot

Thanks for the reply - since sending my post I have contacted OPTUS direct - Through a very frustrating phone call I found out that they are going to charge me $15 (I thought it was FIFTY and I almost went ballistic) to hold my service open during the delay of getting a replacement SET-top box [hopefully the $15 will then be refunded]

After this delay I am hoping the new box will not be faulty - otherwise I will be still stuck with the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Eagle59,

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't consider the charge to be a holding fee. Do you have a bundled service or is Fetch something that you pay $15.00 for as a standalone product?

The turnaround time is roughly 5-7 working days however we've been shipping them out pretty fast of late.

Let us know how it all goes, if you'd like us to take a look at the bill - we can definitely do that for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is still happening even with a fan underneath it. These boxes are not designed to be used at any temperature, and certainly not in a hot country like ours. Not fit for purpose. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

All seems to be Great so far  - the replacement was a Fetch box - Mighty (an upgrade) and the $15 is now a credit  (according to Optus on phone).

I would therefore suggest that the fetch box hot problem is a real issue with the previous version of the fetch boxes and may need an upgrade program phased in replacing all older boxes.

Thank you for the assistance on this site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Please see my comments in this forum = simply put I had the same problem  ( Hot set top box message) and contacted OPTUS directly and had my Fetch box replaced - I hope you have the same response from Optus as I did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the latest fetch box. Problem went for a while, then returned.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I think it's the latest update that's the problem. My box never did it, now since the update to the darker colour scheme (whatever version it's referred to as) I frequently get the same message. I've read it and done all of the actions but it keeps repeating itself. It's a good example of bad programming.

0 Kudos