Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Your Fetch box is hot

Did this work? I have a brand new fetch mighty now and it still does it. I don't want to have to hard re set and loose everything. The box is 2 weeks old and should have the latest firmware on it. 

Highlighted

Hi @Whyterider, could you please confirm if this is still happening? If this is still not resolved then please report this here with your details →  Here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Which version should it be at?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just tried the recommendation by Optus Tech support today and the message came up again in about 3 hours. Next step is to request a replacement. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well, I've had some conversatons with the Fetch TV people.You could try doing a soft reset as below. I thought this fixed it, but no that annoying box was back again. I don't think it hangs around for as long as it used to.

Soft Reset 

This will only remove and reinstall all software inside your box. Please refer to the steps below:

*Please note that you will be required to re-enter your activation key during this process. This can be recovered through the "Account" section of the Fetch website.

1. Reboot the Fetch box - this involves unplugging the power cable from the back of the device for 10seconds and then plugging it back in.
  2. You will then see a prompt on the screen "Preparing System Please Wait..." - After 10-30seconds the screen will go black and you will need to repeatedly press the coloured buttons on your remote in order of: Red > Green > Yellow > Blue
  3. Once you see activity on all three blue lights on your Fetch box this means the reset is occurring, at this point you can stop pressing the buttons.
  4. The “Preparing System Please Wait…” message should reappear, this confirms that the reset has completed.
  5. Please then follow the wizard in order to re-setup your Fetch Box.
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Glen3095, thanks for offering up some helpful tips.

I'd also suggest ensuring that your Fetch box is placed in a well ventilated area. If the soft reset worked only as a temporary fix then a factory reset would be the next logical step. For instructions, head to https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Hard-Reset/ta-p/133701. Please note that any saved/scheduled recording would be removed from the device.

If you've still had no success, then we'd really need to organise a warranty replacement for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Checking it was in a "well ventilated" area was already done. Apart from putting it in the fridge I can't do much else! Our XBox copes fine and it's just next to it.

I think it's just a bad design or an over protective attitude by the programmers. Sure, display a dialogue box explaining what's gone wrong, but don't keep repeating the same information. The user should be able to dismiss it for good. If the box gets too hot, shut it down then.

I doubt if a "Factory Reset" will fix it. It was fine before the last major update, so it has to be a software issue. Someone here got a new box and three weeks later it was doing it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Optus Fetch TV box have since my first post stopped with the 'Too Hot' warnings, the weather has been abit colder though however when it first happened it was not really hot, or even warm. The system upgrade 1 month back or so might have worked. My box is in a good position and not covered, no other devices have complained so far. Its going to be 31c over the weekend so I will find out then if it has worked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I bet it will play up. Mine is okay unless it's a very warm day, ie >30c or so. Might have to start reading books over the summer Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Glenn3095, valid point. I know it's an obvious suggestion but it is part of our standard trouble shooting process. I receive comms from our TV & Content team on a daily basis. We haven't been advised of an issue that's presented itself after the release of the most recent Fetch software update.

I'd also expect that we'd have received a much higher level of complaints. I've been moderating YC over the past fortnight and I've only come across one or two similar threads. Regardless, please keep us updated. If you continue to receive this error prompt, I'm happy to send an email through to our TV & Content team and see whether they can offer any insight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors