cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

You ruined the Chelsea v Man City game on demand!

Why is Optus so amateur at broadcasting the EPL?

I came to watch the replay on demand on my fetch mighty box and the game started at half time!!!!

You have ruined the game.

There have been so many cock ups like this with Optus Sport over the years with you giving away results and last year still giving away important points of the games with the images you show on the interface, again giving away the direction the game took.

The other annoyance which Optus may not be able to control but is not helping the enjoyment is that in some games, but not all games the sound levels of the commentators is too low for the sound od the crowd which is drowning it out.

That is more understandable when the crowd noise is real but at this time when the crowd noiseis being added artificially it is ridiculous.

Again, this seems like sound editing 101.

The more recent technology is introduced the more problems there seem to be.

PLEASE GET THESE THINGS RIGHT. You have had three months with no games to iron out technical issues so there are no excuse for these ruinations.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Flashart53
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: You ruined the Chelsea v Man City game on demand!

Also if Optus are not responsible for bad sound levels then please pass this feedback on to the EPL or whoever is responsible to fix it so we can hear what the commentators are saying.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

All good feed back @Flashart53. In fairness I think the broadcast comes to Optus Sport largely 'as is'. i.e. they have no control over production and things like sound levels. But the rest is definitely areas they can do better.
0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Hi Flashart53, appreciate your feedback. I've tagged this to be sent to the relevant teams for review.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors