cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Kjorodo
New Contributor

Yes TV by fetch - universal remote

Hi.  I’m trying to set my LG tv smart remote up as a universal remote for the Yes TV by fetch box & I need to know the fetch box’s manufacturer name to do so.  Has anyone done this successfully & do you have the manufacturer name or any other advice?

9 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Yes TV by fetch - universal remote

how about using the fetch remote to control the LG tv or get a Logitech Harmony universal remote to control both? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Kjorodo
New Contributor

I’d really like to continue using the LG smart remote as it’s a control by pointing at the screen type of control which is really great to use.  I think there have been others in my predicament & am wondering whether anyone’s worked it out yet 😉

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

I see, Yes, LG's UI is one of the better one. See if there is an HDMI -CEC setting on the LG, i think its call SIMPLink, enable it. I think the FetchTV got it turned on by default, if not then also see if there is a CEC enable function on it. This will allow you to control other devices from the LG remote via HDMI. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Kjorodo
New Contributor

Thanks Sillygogo.  I can see my LG tv has simplink enabled but can’t find where I would enable a CEC function on the fetch box?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Just tested with my Sony TV, looks like CEC has been disabled with the current firmware. Googling found that many people are having problem with Fetch and CEC, that could be the reason that it is now disabled. Back to the drawing board. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kartika

Hi @Kjorodo, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the delay in response. Check out this → link with all the user guides including setting up the Yes TV by Fetch universal remote if it helps. For more information you can also visit the → fetch website. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor jsn8wg
New Contributor

I have the same issue. The LG remote is amazing - it's a real shame to have to use the Fetch remote. Hopefully someone can find a solution 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @jsn9wg, as far as HDMI-CEC support is concerned, I don't believe the Fetch Mighty actually supports this. My findings are purely based on my own research (namely whirlpool). I wasn't able to find a thread where a user had been successfully able to enable CEC functionality on their Fetch unit. There also seems to be issues with AVR compatibility. Whether this will be addressed in a future firmware update, it's hard to say at this stage. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor MissRER
New Contributor

Try setting it up as a set top box selecting the "Bigsat" manufacturer and set the remote type to 3. Good luck!!!