Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor laneand
New Contributor

Yes TV by Fetch - why does volume mute regularly?

Since recent firmware upgrade and upgrades to iOS Application, I have noticed the volume on my Yes TV by Fetch set top box becomes muted at least once to twice a week. 

The only way to resolve this is to turn the volume up on my iOS Application on my iPhone. 

Is this a bug being addressed or is there a solution right now?

Regards,

Andrew

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Yes TV by Fetch - why does volume mute regularly?

Hey there @laneand, that's certainly an odd issue 😕 Just to clarify, when the volume mutes, are you able to resolve it via the actual remote or only through the app?

I haven't heard any other reports of this occurring, so I would recommend getting in touch with our Fetch Faults team on 13 13 44 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor Opal123
New Contributor

I have the exact same issue after installing the fetch mobile app on my iPhone. 

volume is muted on fetch when I turn the box on, the remote will not unmute fetch. I have to open the app on my phone and use the app remote to turn the volume up and then it’s fine till I turn it off again.  

Highlighted
New Contributor Happy_Cube_10
New Contributor

I’m having the exact same issue!

how can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Opal123
New Contributor

I ended up uninstalling the mobile app and the problem stopped. I can’t use google home to control fetch without the app but it’s easy enough to use the fetch remote. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

G'day @Opal123, I just wanted a bit of clarrifcation on this one.

I can’t use google home to control fetch without the app

You're unable to use voice commands to control your Fetch STB without having the Google Home application open? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Opal123
New Contributor

No...

I installed the fetch app on my phone to enable me to use google home to control the fetch box. 

The phone app however makes the volume on fetch muted when you turn fetch on and I cannot un mute fetch using the fetch remote unless I go into the app on my phone and un mute it there. Therefore I unistalled the app from my phone so I didn’t have that problem  and therefore I can no longer use google home to control fetch so I just use the remote. 

0 Kudos