cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Contributor
Contributor

Yes TV by Fetch App - No longer supported

Hi,

When I opened the YesTV application on my mobile phone today it displayed the following message: "The YesTV by Fetch App will no longer be supported. Please swap over to the Fetch Mobi App". So following those instructions I downloaded and installed the Fetch Mobi App. I entered the activation code into the Fetch Mobi App and it took me to a screen asking for my pin. Whenever I entered the pin it kept displaying an error saying the pin was wrong. 

I decided to contact Optus YesTV tech support to get help with the error regarding the pin. However, when I explained to the technical support representative that the YesTV app was displaying a message that it would no longer be supported he explained that was not the case and it was an issue with the app. He suggested to delete the cache/data of the app, uninstall it, restart the phone and then re-install the app. 

I queried why would Optus's own app tell me it was no longer supported if that was not the case, but the representative assured me it was a technical error. Whilst on the phone I also informed the representative regarding the issue with the pin and it turns out for some reason my pin was reset to the default pin of 0000. 

After trying to unistall and reinstall the YesTV app it is still displaying the same message regarding not being supported anymore. 

Anyway, I went ahead and activated the Fetch Mobi app using the activation code and the default 0000 pin.

I doesn't bother me which app I use because the are both exactly the same other than in name. My only concern is will using the FetchMobi app still mean that the data usage will be unmetered?

Also, out of interest is the YesTV application no longer being supported or is this a technical issue like the representative suggested?

Regards,

Arun

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Yes TV by Fetch App - No longer supported

"Technical Issue" sounds like a CS who doesn't know why something that should and has worked isn't any more. FWIW it seems very unlikely the Optus Fetch app has been retired.

If you're worried about your data then I suggest you test it out first hand. Wait 60 minutes and then record the data usage in the Optus app (headline number). Then Stream 'free' content for an hour or two. Go to bed and in the morning check the same headline number. If it hasn't changed much then its free still.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've done a bit of research and found the following comms from late last year:

The Fetch Mobi App was available to new and recontracting customers (online only). However, due to system constraints between Legacy and Jarvis, the Fetch Mobi app has been withdrawn from sale online. 

We'd just released version 3.9 of our Fetch companion app on the 22/05/18

What improvements have been made?

• Improved Download Manager
  • Rotten Tomatoes updates
  • Resolved issue where recording settings were incorrectly displayed
  • Recording duration that is less than 1 minute now shows seconds instead
  • Resolved an issue where detail pages scrolling up would cause the image to shrink
  • Resolved a rare issue where the app would crash when the user lands on an empty wishlist page.
  • General user interface clean up

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on iOS 10 however as I have updated to iOS 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

0 Kudos

Hey @jonsmith, are you having issues with your My Optus app or the Yes TV by Fetch app? I have already responded to your other post with the details and will continue to provide assistance there to avoid any confusion. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos