Searching...
Accepted Solution

Yes TV By Fetch Ultimate Pack $14 or $20?

inaroundroom

I received my Fetch box this week and was going to add-on via the device the Ultimate Pack but it appears to be $20 when the website says it is $14, do I need to phone up to the get the Ultimate Pack for $14?

Re: Yes TV By Fetch Ultimate Pack $14 or $20?

petergdownload

I believe everyone is charged $20. Optus will automatically apply a credit to your monthly account of $6 if its a feature of your your broadband plan. Although where does it say $14? On the Optus website its says:

ULTIMATE PACK INCLUDES ALL 45+ CHANNELS FOR $20 PER MONTH EXTRA

Entertainment Pack: If you have an existing subscription to the Entertainment Pack, you can upgrade to the Ultimate Pack. If you do this, you won’t be able to resubscribe to the Entertainment Pack.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

inaroundroom

@petergdownload thanks for your response. On the offer page it says $14, screenshot below:

Optus Grab 05062017.png

Just seems strange that in the fetch interface it does not correlate.

Solution

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Your current free deal involves a $6 fee for one pack. If you check your bill you'll see you've been charged the $6 but Optus have applied a $6 credit to offset. If you get the $20 ultimate pack it will cost $20 but you'll still get the $6 optus credit (= $14).

Optus do this seemingly weird accounting because if people cancel their services they are up for outstanding cancellation fees. If Optus said the Ultimate pack cost $14 then you'd only pay $14 x months left. But if you cancel under this arrangement, Optus first remove any credits they apply (for signing a 24 month contract) and you're up for the full actual value ($20 x months left).

Regards

Peter Gillespie

inaroundroom

Thanks @petergdownload.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
53 Kudos
50 Kudos
21 Kudos
14 Kudos
11 Kudos