cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Stacee
Occasional Contributor

Worst service swapping over nbn from adsl and adding fetch box

So far iv received dozens of emails and sms about my nbn service as iv swapped over from adsl. The guy installed monday with no issues (yea cause he wasnt a optus worker lol) iv had it up and running 3 days and im still getting mesgs from optus stating it shows on their end i still havent activated my nbn and to install the modem etc... ummm but i have and i do have nbn... or else what net am i currently using?? Lol. 

Optus and there auto system mesgs is BS they are all wrong. 

I also got fetch top box for first time and received AGAIN a tone of mesgs from optus stating my fetch is activated and welcome to fetch etc and then an activation code sent. Well after my nbn was installed and good to go.. i hooked up my fetch box since all mesgs said i was good to go with that.. entered activation code and got Incorrect code. Tried several times. Same result. Rang optus and 2hrs later after 3 different people.. i was told my fetch account had not been activated or approved and put through the system... even tho id received all these annoying mesgs saying i had.. so next i was told wait 24hrs as a ticket had been put through to correct this.. i wasnt to happy about this but said ok il wait. 24hrs later... still no activation code or word from optus.. my tv sitting there waiting for this code and unable to use unless i unhooked it all.. well cause they said 24hrs id left the tv as was. Now i had to call again.. going through 2 people to finally be told my account is still in process to be approved and added to system (mind you its been a week since i ordered my nbn WITH the fetch box and well net is running, even if optus mesgs state its not lol) 

So now im told AGAIN to wait 24hrs AGAIN. This is the 3rd day and im still yet to get this activation code. A simple set top box process just totally messed up by optus.  

0 Kudos
12 Replies
New Contributor Linda67
New Contributor

Re: Worst service swapping over nbn from adsl and adding fetch box

Hi Stacey,

We are having exactly the same problem, got nbn connected yesterday and received all the sms’s stating we are activated.

Rang Optus told not activated and that would receive activation code when it was. Received activation code and entered on fetch setup only to get incorrect code message.

Rang Optus again told to wait 24 hrs and try again, rec’d more automated messages from Optus overnight saying account now fully activated, tried to setup fetch tv again today but still got incorrect code message.

its bloody ridiculous that they can get your internet set up and activated but can’t seem to activate fetch tv!

The fact that you were connected to nbn a day ahead of us and you still have no fetch tv does not fill me with much hope.

its just not good enough, wish I knew how to resolve this 

Occasional Contributor

Omg they are THE WORST!  

Just got off the phone after over an hour becsuse of these constant mesgs about install my modem and my nbn isnt activated.. omg WHAT NET AM I USING RIGHT NOW THE FLOPTUS??? 

Lord have mercy on my brain. Now told it was a issue their end and it has now been fixed and yes im using nbn... omg. 

So now thats fixed.... i think.... and im still waiting on the fetch team... no word no mesgs NO ACTIVATION CODE... 3rd day since nbn was hooked up.. a week since i put order in.. still waiting.. but oh yeah im sure il still get my FIRST MONTH BILL AT FULL CHARGES... no compensation.. with this BS i shouldnt even have to pay for the first month of my so.called service.. WHAT SERVICE?? 

After all these years of having fetch and still optus can not do the process.. and most customer service people im guess are not even in Australia. They all tell you different things for the one process.. its frustrating having to deal with such idiocy.

I feel your annoyances too with this. So much time wasted. And still i wait... do you?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Stacee and Linda67,

I can confirm there is currently a known issue with incorrect Fetch activation codes. As soon as I hear that it has been resolved I'll post back again here.

If you need to contact Optus again, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I was just on the phone to optus activations and THEY HUNG UP ON ME.. LOVELY SERVICE HEY. 

Yea its BS this so called fault and all you get is empty sorries from optus. 

They told me again is a big system fault and i just have to wait... well guess what optus i aing paying for the first month of my entire account for compansation and id expect others to push for the same. 

I currently have no tv at all... for 3days now... its ridiculous! 

And to top it off they could not give a time or even an estimate time as to when il actially be able to even use the fetch box... absolute BS!. 

Then being hung up on cause theres no answers they can give. Dusgusting service!!!! 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

7days later and still no word from optus... still no fetch box activation... account still STUCK in pending. 

Yea i wonder how long this muck up will take to fix... youd think fetch is a Brand new system the way this is being handled.. BUT NO ITS NOT its been around for yearsssss now 🤔

Optus you're getting close to loosing all my business.  

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Stacee,

The last update I received was yesterday afternoon that this is still an ongoing issue that they are trying to fix. Fault ticket number 21472594. If you have been in touch with Optus they would/should have added your account to the ticket and you should receive updates/communication as they become available.

For some reason it must be something complex by taking this long to resolve, hopefully it is not too much longer.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Oh well i already know it's fault  iv known this for past 10days now.  

But no i am not getting regular updates or any as if a matter. I only know what i do from communication with over 20 optus reps iv dealt with so far. 

So no i have not been informed of any furthwer info because it seems optus is hopeless. 

All i do get are stupid dumb auto generated mesgs telling me i need to hook up my nbn modem LOL which was done 10days ago lol. 

Its a hopeless service  especially for something they have had for years now. 

Iv got my first month bill credited so far so lets see just how long it will take. Cause i wont pay the 2nd month either if its not fixed by then. 

Not good enough service for a multi milluon dollar company. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ------------
New Contributor

Had my NBN swap over on the 21st, took 24hours till phone could receive calls, internet was ok and emails don't fully correlate as to what is happening at the time.   Plan has fetch attached but no sign of a box or emails mentioning it save a single email about signing up to optus sports, WTF am I suppose to watch it on, a pin prick size mobile phone screen??  This is the last straw with optus unless they pull their finger out.

Moderator Eveline

Hi @Stacee, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. From the notes left on the fault ticket, the Fetch Activation Codes fault has been resolved. If you still haven't received your code, can you please message us either privately on Facebook or on Live Chat so we can take a closer look into this for you?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors