Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Contributor petersharp
Contributor

World Cup through Apple TV is unwatchable

Your world cup stream through Apple TV is unwatchable. Like a LOT of people I couldnt watch last nights games. It would keep stopping to buffer every 10 secs and then just crash. I gave up after 30 mins. The issue isnt my Apple TV (I have three and it didnt work on any of them). It isnt my internet either (Telstra cable currently running at 110 mb/s) - Netflix and Foxtel streaming works perfectly. When is this going to be fixed and if it isnt how do I get a refund?

24 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor Zed68
New Contributor

Re: World Cup through Apple TV is unwatchable

The silence from Optus is deafening!!

Highlighted
Contributor petersharp
Contributor

It is! Hopefully they are busy trying to fix it.

Highlighted
Contributor petersharp
Contributor

It sure is.

Hopefully they are busy trying to fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ajk73
Contributor

I was aware of issues several weeks ago and have been in touch with the ACCC and the Ombudsmen for Telecommunications.  Please do lodge complaint with Ombudsmen , after you go through a frustrating complaing call to Optus (which I guarantee will happen and they won't know what you're talking about most likely).  Ombudsmen will prompt refund.  The more people that do this the more likely it will be that the World Cup will be free to air fully with SBS again like it has been up until this year. 

Highlighted
Contributor petersharp
Contributor

Thanks. Good call. I will contact the ACCC tomorrow.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @petersharp, we're actively monitoring all social feeds 24/7. All issues are reported directly to Networks for investigation. We did have an issue pop up yesterday. Essentially, non-Optus Network customers were experiencing issues with their stream. 

Refreshing the stream did resolve the majority of issues. If you like, I'm happy to raise a case for you. You'll need to send us a PM with your details.

Your full name:

DOB:
Optus Sport login:

Are you streaming on the Optus Network: Y/N (if no which Network)? 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Ranger_13
Contributor

Total nonsense to say it’s non Optus network customers who have the issue....I can do absolutely everything else online without problem, this includes streaming from the U.K. on Kodi and the streams are perfect HD quality....don’t try an spin this on someone else, Optus cocked it up and are now trying to deflect the problem while people contact their ISP’s only to be told there is nothing wrong with any of the connections.....

Said it before....Optus are the worst company in Australia....you should get the contract revoked as you’re in breach of it, you failed to provide the World Cup that you conned some moron into thinking you could provide....give it to SBS

Highlighted
Contributor petersharp
Contributor

Hi Dan, thanks for taking the time to reply. Better late than never.

Your comments are a load of rubbish.

If you really were monitoring social networks 24/7 you would have stopped sharing the scores because so many peiople couldnt watch the games.

I had the same issues last night while trying to watch the Argentina Iceland game. Am having to watch that on replay now. So please dont give me the bs that this was an issue during one match. 

I would also like to draw to your attention that the comment Optus made to the media yesterday was that 'too many people were trying to watch the World Cup' which is why the streams werent working.

I have seen plenty of Optus customers commenting and venting that the stream isnt working for them either and I can see that an Optus customer has even replied to your comment already calling you out on this.

I recieve 110 mb/s cable through Telstra so the issue has nothing to do with my internet service. The issues is that you cant deliver a service your have promised you would.

I'll be calling the ACCC tomorrow and I encourage anyone else who reads this to do the same.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Our CEO has gone out with an apology. 

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/fifa-world-cup-2018/optus-working-on-world-cup-woes-after-anothe...

My team here on Yes Crowd and social are working around the clock to report all streaming and subscription issues. We're not responsible for any marketing material that's pushed out. That's not our area. 

We're strictly service. I encourage anyone with streaming difficulties to send me a private message with their details. I'll do my best. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos