Searching...

Re: World Cup through Apple TV is unwatchable

Ranger_13

I’d rather he tendered his resignation.....World Cup is once every 4 years....you’ve had plenty of time to do system testing....

Joke! 🤡

petersharp

An apology.... that's fantastic.

"Every Game. Every Goal. For All Australians. Live only on Optus Sport"

Not responsible for marketing = not your area = not your problem. What a brilliant response. I've taken a screenshot to share with the ACCC tomorrow. Couldn't have asked for a better response.

Strictly service..... that's gold.

Sending you my personal details clearly isnt going to fix the problem so lets hope your CEOs apology does.

petersharp

@Ranger_13, good call but I am guessing just like @Dan_C the world cup coverage and marketing around it wasn't his area of responsibility either 🤦🏻‍♂️

Still scrolling across the Optus website: 

I encourage you to call the ACCC tomorrow

Dan_C

Again, I apologise. We're really doing the best we can from our end @petersharp

If you change your mind, the offer is there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
SoccerPete

Are they having a laugh when the CEO said "A higher than expected volume of new subscribers and traffic was to blame for Friday night's problems".

".. problems would be resolved by Sunday night." Well they are not!

petersharp

Sorry @Dan_C but "doing your best" doesn't cut it and simply isnt good enough when the company you work for and represent grab the rights to something that should be free in the first place. Then you promise to deliver it to people who pay for it and fail to do that.

Excuses like 'not my area of responsibility' do nothing but make me even more pissed off.

I don't see how asking for my personal details that include my date of birth are going to fix a problem that doesn't personally relate to me. This is clearly an issue at Optus's end not an issue at mine. 

How about tell us exactly when you're going to have the issues at your end fixed! 

petersharp

@SoccerPete it is a joke.

If you're prepared to give @Dan_C your personal details including your date of birth he'll do his best to fix it. But please note 'service' is his area of responsibility. Dont mention anything about the bs marketing.

It's sort of working for me in that I can now watch the games from last night. Just haven't been able to watch anything that is live as yet.

Dan_C

That was just in response to marketing material that's broadcast via social (including score sharing). I'm not trying to downplay your comments. We've acknowledged that there were issues, I'm not trying to sweep that under the rug. 

Service related encompasses all streaming issues regardless of customers on the Optus Network or another providers Network.

That's what we're dealing with. 

You have every right to be frustrated. Customers are still experiencing issues with their Apple TV. We're working on a resolution and I promise that I'll update this thread as soon as I receive more info. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petersharp

@Dan_C

A suggestion...if you're not trying to downplay my comments then how about this....DON'T!  I'm just one of those annoying customers that doesn't want to recieve smartarse replies about what you are or aren't responsible for.

You also tried to tell me that the issue only related to customers outside of the Optus network which was clearly bs sop please dont try and tell me you werent trying to "sweep that under the rug".

I know customers are still experiencing issues with the Optus Sport app on an Apple TV - as mentioned I have three of them all recieving 100mb/s cable internet.

Lets cut straight to the question in my very first post which you haven't answered.  Your CEO promised that it will be fixed for tonight? Will it or won't it? And if it won't when will it?

Dan_C

As I said @petersharp, I'll update you as soon as I have more info.

Based on the advice I've received so far, we'll need to wait until the commencement of the live broadcast to know for sure.

I'm speaking strictly in regard to the Apple TV OS related issue. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
11 Kudos