Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

World Cup 2018 Coverage

Hello all,

Checking if there's any more information around on how the World Cup 2018 in Russia will be shown on Optus - basically, I'm hoping that it'll be on the Optus Sport platform.

Also looking for any word on how long the World Cup games will remain available On Demand - I think it would be safe to assume all games for the duration of the tournament, but will that be it?  Or will the games be available for a period after the final is complete?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: World Cup 2018 Coverage

Don't know about the duration of games staying on demand but it'll be on the Optus Sport platform. Quite sure Optus have access to every game and free to air get access to any game that Aus play in (as well as Optus getting access to it). 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi CasualJan

We have some exciting times ahead for our Optus Sport channel and the new features will be announced on the Optus sport page and in the community blog.

Cheers

M

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @CasualJan, just confirming that Optus Sport will have all 64 matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ live and on-demand. Plus there'll be round-the-clock coverage from the tournament including highlights, analysis, exclusive interviews and more.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @LucyS - thanks for coming back this one with a reply.  Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@CasualJan, no worries Smiley Happy FYI, we'll also have the home/away Australia v Honduras matches in November available to watch too. Got my fingers crossed for the Roos to qualify!!! Smiley Very Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hopefully we don't play like the USA. 😄

0 Kudos
Top Contributors