cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor KevinTruong
New Contributor

Why is it so hard to return the Fetch TV box??

So I got the free Fetch TV Mini box as part of the Optus Sports mess during the World Cup. Now the cup is over I don't need it any more, so I cancelled the service. That part was easy enough. Now all I need to do is return the box. 

In the first live chat on 4 Aug, the representative Anjelina tells me to return the box instore. I try that the next day, nope, I had to contact support again to order a satchel and return by post.

In the second live chat on 5 Aug, the representative Aidan said he'd send me a satchel with instructions. Great, but then a few days later the satchel comes with NO instructions.

So in the third live chat on 7 Aug, the representative Savannah tells me to put the satchel in the nearest Australia Post box. I specifically ask if I can do that since I was sent a Toll satchel, not an Australia Post one. Savannah tells me it's fine, Australia Post will still accept it.

I do that on 8 Aug, but today I get a call from the post office saying they don't deliver Toll satchels, and now I need to go pick it up. Surprise surprise.

I'm trying to do the right thing here by giving you guys back the equipment, but you need to get your process straight. So for the FOURTH time now, how do I send back the Fetch TV box?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Why is it so hard to return the Fetch TV box??

Hey @KevinTruong, certainly shouldn't be that difficult and apologies for the merry-go-round there. 

With Toll return satchels, give them a call on 13 15 31 to organise a suitable collection time. They'll come by and pick it up. Once they do, send through a private message with the consignment number, we'll confirm it's landed on our end and then make sure everything it's working order with the account (as far as the cancellation goes).

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor DannyR
Occasional Contributor

You should try getting one replaced 🙄

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi @DannyR, I've just replied to your previous post here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors