Searching...
Highlighted

Why can't I watch Chromecast Optus Sport on my Samsung TV?

[ Edited ]
Buster1964

Well I finally gave in after 2 years of missing out on the EPL and gave Optus a shot at it......and oh dear. 

I have Optus for my internet and I have no problems with it at all. 4K Netflix, brilliant picture on a 2019 Samsung Tv with all the bells & whistles. So I added Optus sports for the extra $15 a month.

Great on the phone, but on TV......putting it  mildly......bollocks.

Screen mirroring is blocked for a start, so I rang up to sort it out. Pfft.... heart attack material. DO NOT ting Optus support unless you have an ambulance on standby.Transferred NINE times to NINE different people who didn’t have a clue.I was told to watch in on my phone.,seriously!!!

So I went to Jb Hifi and bought a Chromecast, still crap!! Back to Jb and paid extra for a Chromecast Ultra, still crap!!

Everthing else I streamed was perfect but what is wrong with Optus sport? Why is it so bad to stream? Can someone please help me. How do I watch the EPL on my TV and get a good picture?

Re: EPL

Buster1964

I might as well reply to myself. Obviously the lack of response means there is no way of streaming a decent TV picture of the EPL on Optus sport.

My complaint from customer service was supposed to be answered within 2 working days. So far.....crickets!!!!

Any EPL fans that are thinking of  adding Optus sport, take a tip ......DON’T DO IT!!!!

It might be hard watching Match of the Day highlights on YouTube or what ever else is available, but trust me it is better than suffering the disappointment that is Optus sport.

Thank God I got to watch my beloved Leicester City win the title  while Foxtel still had the EPL.

Btw why when I type Optus does spellcheck put in a capital “O” with the service they provide it should be a capital “F”

Still waiting on a reply.........

Ray_YC

Hi Buster1964,

Being transferred nine times is not acceptable. Optus Sport is currently not compatible with Samsung TVs. Searching Yes Crowd for "Samsung TV" returns results that it is something Optus has been working on for several years now but not available unfortunately.

A list of supported browsers and devices can be found here.

Chromecast should still work though, right @Davelew?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Davelew

Hi

I have no problems using either Chromecast and be have been watching the EPL on its Sports since they started streaming it.

Use Chromecast with NBN at home and Optus mobile broadband when away in my caravan.

@Ray_YC will understand my delight with Liverpool on top this season.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

Let's hope they stay there for your sake Dave 😉 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Buster1964

Hi Ray

In regards to the 9 transfers, yes it is unacceptable. Still waiting on a reply from the complaints department that was supposed to get in touch with me within 48 hours. It now been a week.

So now its Samsungs fault is it? Seriously!!! Pffft.!! I dont remember Foxtel telling me i cant watch the EPL because i have a Samsung. There are thousands of disgruntled football fans out there complaining about the half arsed attempt by optus to broadcast the EPL.  Now youre telling me the problem is Samsung?  I think its referred to as Floptus for a reason. 

Optus should be informing EVERYONE  before they sign up for optus sport that:-

1. They will need to buy / rent an external device Chromecast / Fetch box to watch the EPL on their TV.

2. Screen mirroring has been blocked by Optus.

3. There is no App on the TV like there is on the mobile.

As i have said before they do not give you any of this information when they take your money.

They tell you "of course you can watch optus sport on TV". They dont tell you it will be a frustrating nightmare.  At least one of the team at the call centre was honest, he told me its better to watch it on my phone.

Eveline

Did you raise this with our TV & Content team via the Help & Support function? If so, do you have a reference number we can take a closer look into? 

As Ray's advised above, all supported platforms and devices can be found on this page >  Optus Sport: Ways to Watch. I'm sorry you were not advised of this prior.

Re: Why can't I watch Chromecast Optus Sport on my Samsung TV?

Buster1964

Hi Eveline,

I wasn’t given a number. I just.got a generic reply saying my online complaint had been received and registered, and that a “dedicated case manager “ 😂, would be in touch within 2 working days to resolve my complaint.

That was over a week ago, so I guess they have just stuck their heads in the sand as floptus sport is a problem that can’t be resolved.

I have just given up. I can’t believe how in 2019 the coverage of something so huge like the EPL has gone backwards in this country. I enjoyed watching it for 10 years without a glitch on Foxtel.

Its been a disaster since the start. How the hell optus were allowed to get the rights to the EPL without the infrastructure needed to broadcast it is incredible. Just look at the World Cup.

You sent me a link on “How to watch Optus sport on TV” with a list of devices that should not be needed in 2019. I don’t need any devices to watch Netflix, Stan, YouTube, Foxtel or browse the Internet. So obviously floptus are not investing any of the money they rip off the poor football fans into a simple TV app.

Like I have previously stated, football fans will just have to wait until some organisation capable of broadcasting the EPL get the rights to it.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos